Is this good?

Gaged

For the GTX 1070 i would get the i7 6700k,also some bigger storage 120gb isn't really that much,and change the PSU from a NEX to a Corsair RMx 650w its only a couple bucks more expensive

Just now, ChipTech said:

That is a great build, but i would recommend this one: I think you will get better preformance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4dfQqk

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL,the fx 8350 is old and should not be used in games when you have the i5 6600k or i7 6700k,the RX 480 is not even in the same tier as the GTX 1080

More performance my ass

4 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

For the GTX 1070 i would get the i7 6700k,also some bigger storage 120gb isn't really that much,and change the PSU from a NEX to a Corsair RMx 650w its only a couple bucks more expensive

I plan on upgrading storage about 2 months after I get this. I can't afford a 6700K, so I have to stick with the 6600K.

4 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Looks good. What are you planning to do, gaming, editing, what resolution, ect. Otherwise it's a really solid build.

Gaming and minor editing. My monitor is 1600 X 900 but I will probably upgrade to a 1440p later on.

4 minutes ago, ChipTech said:

That is a great build, but i would recommend this one: I think you will get better preformance.

No, just, no.

3 minutes ago, ChipTech said:

Are you dumb? And OP get rid of the founders edition gpu and get a board partner gpu.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

1 minute ago, Gaged said:

I plan on upgrading storage about 2 months after I get this. I can't afford a 6700K, so I have to stick with the 6600K.

Gaming and minor editing. My monitor is 1600 X 900 but I will probably upgrade to a 1440p later on.

No, just, no.

Idk why he is recommending you to get the 6700k when the 6600k will do just fine in gaming.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Just now, Gaged said:

No, just, no.

If you will be getting a 144Hz monitor,get the i7 now,it will really help

1 minute ago, Hero7750 said:

Are you dumb? And OP get rid of the founders edition gpu and get a board partner gpu.

I personally like the design of the Founder's Edition more as it matches with the build. I was trying to do something like TechSource's $5800 dollar build but way cheaper.

2 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

If you will be getting a 144Hz monitor,get the i7 now,it will really help

I was thinking of upgrading to a 6700K WAY later on. And that's what I'm planning on doing still.

I was thinking of upgrading to a 6700K WAY later on. And that's what I'm planning on doing still.

And if you're wondering, the 6600K would be repurposed in a third build.

3 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

Idk why he is recommending you to get the 6700k when the 6600k will do just fine in gaming.

Depends on the game,ask @App4that he knows i5's and i7's

2 minutes ago, Gaged said:

Also, how big of an upgrade will this be over this that I have now:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mach1039/saved/VBpZxr

It'll be a big difference. Your new build looks like a good bang for the buck.

Just now, Gaged said:

And if you're wondering, the 6600K would be repurposed in a third build.

Sounds good.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

2 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Depends on the game,ask @App4that he knows i5's and i7's

The only reason I'd get a 6700K is for higher performance needing editing.

In some scenarios the i5 will bottleneck the GTX 1070,the i7 is not just for video rendering or just that stuff

26 minutes ago, Gaged said:

An i7 helps you just about everywhere. A lot of games are fine with an i5 but when you find a game that requires a i7 trying to play using an i5 is pretty miserable. We've gotten to the point with our graphics cards that a 6core 12 thread i7 is showing gains over 4core 8 thread i7s. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.