Best performance for 400$

14 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

10 dead pixels? Dont go for it. Cant be fixed. See if there's any junk stores/freegeek type of stores that sell used monitors for dirt cheap.

Not even if i can get it for 10$ and its 1080p?

14 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

Here's what i recommend(reuse everything else). Take the fan from your amd stock heatsink and use it as a case fan(if possible)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($178.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($42.88 @ OutletPC) reuse your ram
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380X 4GB PCS+ Myst. Edition Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.98 @ Newegg) depending on how good/bad your psu is, you might need a replaxement
Total: $401.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-06 20:14 EDT-0400

So i took apart my pc and found out my psu. I also want to note that i have a galaxy geforce gt750 although it wont fit inside the case i dont think being that it is too narrow. Would another graohics card fit in there such as a gt750 or the r9 you suggested? I will also include some oics of my motherboard to determine if that is reusable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You're gonna need a new case and power supply; the case won't accept anything but low-profile gpus(gtx 750ti at the most) and you won't be able to use the psu in the new case.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

You're gonna need a new case and power supply; the case won't accept anything but low-profile gpus(gtx 750ti at the most) and you won't be able to use the psu in the new case.

What kind of power supply will i need? 

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

What kind of power supply will i need? 

A standard 500-550w psu of decent quality should be good enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

A standard 500-550w psu of decent quality should be good enough.

And i cant use my motherboard with the graphics card you reccomended? It would save me 40$ and i could probably even get a better gpu

And i cant use my motherboard with the graphics card you reccomended? It would save me 40$ and i could probably even get a better gpu

You can, but the i5 won't fit. Get the i5+mobo, and sell off your old cpu+mobo and case+psu instead.

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

You can, but the i5 won't fit. Get the i5+mobo, and sell off your old cpu+mobo and case+psu instead.

Okay, and how good of a card is a 750ti compared to the r9 380x?

7 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Okay, and how good of a card is a 750ti compared to the r9 380x?

The 380x is much better. If you can, maybe use the gtx 750 you have now, and save up your money until you can afford an rx 470 instead of the r9 380x.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

The 380x is much better. If you can, maybe use the gtx 750 you have now, and save up your money until you can afford an rx 470 instead of the r9 380x.

How good is the 750 i have now? It is from my old windows xp computer.

4 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

How good is the 750 i have now? It is from my old windows xp computer.

If its the gtx 750, should be fine with low-medium 1080p.

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

If its the gtx 750, should be fine with low-medium 1080p.

No its just a gt750 so never mind. Im not asking too many questions am i btw?

Just now, Cantaloupeman said:

There's no gt 750 IIRC, only gtx 750. Asking questions is fine.

The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask and the ones you create five different threads for because you don't like the answers you're getting. ;)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

29 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask and the ones you create five different threads for because you don't like the answers you're getting. ;)

True lol ?

44 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Im just curious. How come you keep reccomending the rx480? Is it the fact that thats just the next step up for my budget or is it better than a gt9xx or 10xx?

1 hour ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Im just curious. How come you keep reccomending the rx480? Is it the fact that thats just the next step up for my budget or is it better than a gt9xx or 10xx?

Better than a 960 or 970, not as good as a 10XX. It's a solid 1080p card at a low price. 

Just now, aisle9 said:

Better than a 960 or 970, not as good as a 10XX. It's a solid 1080p card at a low price. 

mkay

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

what about the r9 380x how good is that compared to 9xx?

1 hour ago, Cantaloupeman said:

what about the r9 380x how good is that compared to 9xx?

The 380X is somewhere between a 960 and a 970.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

The 380X is somewhere between a 960 and a 970.

Yeah i have a 900p monitor that i have had for a decade and it still looks like it is a brand new model. It has a glossy screen and its cool. Plus 900p=more fps for me! That ryhmed lol. Anyway this build is definitely going to work for me so thanks a bunch! I really appreciate all the help i got!