BUILD HELP!!!

james_broad
Go to solution Solved by pcshme33,

There isnt just an option in windows that makes everything go to that drive. You need to do it by yourself. For ex you need to go into your download properties and make it go to your hard drive. Install steam on your hard drive, exc. Go into google chrome and make sure the downloads to go the hard drive.

Its a old video, but it should help either way. 

So ive built my PC, hooray... However when i did the intall i unplugged the HDD to make sure the OS went onto the SSD. After plugging it back in and rebooting etc i can see it in the BIOS and also in device manager under disc drive. How do i make this HDD my main storage device? Im on windows 10, the HDD is a seagate Barracuda 2TB and the SSD is a kingston 240gb uv400. Please help as i dont wanna download anything before i have set this HDD up as a storage device! thank you

There isnt just an option in windows that makes everything go to that drive. You need to do it by yourself. For ex you need to go into your download properties and make it go to your hard drive. Install steam on your hard drive, exc. Go into google chrome and make sure the downloads to go the hard drive.

After your HDD is initialized you can go to settings>system>storage and set the HDD as default for a lot of things. Then your downloads can be set to that drive if you like through your browser.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

15 minutes ago, james_broad said:

So ive built my PC, hooray... However when i did the intall i unplugged the HDD to make sure the OS went onto the SSD. After plugging it back in and rebooting etc i can see it in the BIOS and also in device manager under disc drive. How do i make this HDD my main storage device? Im on windows 10, the HDD is a seagate Barracuda 2TB and the SSD is a kingston 240gb uv400. Please help as i dont wanna download anything before i have set this HDD up as a storage device! thank you

Whichever drive the OS is on becomes the main drive.

13 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Very helpful thank you its all setup and initialized phew!