Around $1000 New Build

Decent build. the only things you could really improve on would be personal choices or budget increases, but overall that looks pretty solid. the PSU isn't the best quality in the world, but it shouldn't be dangerous to run those components on that PSU.

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Micro ATX in a mid tower :(

It saves on money

3 minutes ago, colemilne54 said:

I don't care about VR or overclocking though

Dont have to do either. Its just a little more powerful and capable pc. 

Having the z170 board will allow you to upgrade the cpu later with a kaby lake, or if whatever comes beyond kaby lake is still the same chipset. 

Its a little more future proof for upgrades later on without really having to spend too much. 

Just now, colemilne54 said:

It saves on money

for the same money as your original build, you could get this one instead. It comes with a slightly faster CPU, a MUCH better motherboard (as far as features and chipset go, your actual fps in game will be unaffected by a motherboard change). You also get a larger PSU that is of slightly higher quality (if you could afford an extra 20 bucks in this area, I would recommend getting an EVGA G2 550W). Also switched the RAM to something a little more colour matched. The only thing you lose out on is an aftermarket CPU cooler (you could always add one later for a couple bucks more if you find you want/need one) and your 850 EVO SSD. the SSD I chose is only slightly slower, and its not the sort of thing you could even notice in day-to-day operations, nor could you notice unless you had some sort of SSD benchmarking program.

your build above was $1053, this one is $1057. This one is better and retains most of what you selected anyway, just with a bit of fine tuning.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g3CHBP

Just now, Katsunaka said:

Dont have to do either. Its just a little more powerful and capable pc. 

Having the z170 board will allow you to upgrade the cpu later with a kaby lake, or if whatever comes beyond kaby lake is still the same chipset. 

Its a little more future proof for upgrades later on without really having to spend too much. 

okay is there a psu that is close to the 50 mark that is better than 500 watt?

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

for the same money as your original build, you could get this one instead. It comes with a slightly faster CPU, a MUCH better motherboard (as far as features and chipset go, your actual fps in game will be unaffected by a motherboard change). You also get a larger PSU that is of slightly higher quality (if you could afford an extra 20 bucks in this area, I would recommend getting an EVGA G2 550W). Also switched the RAM to something a little more colour matched. The only thing you lose out on is an aftermarket CPU cooler (you could always add one later for a couple bucks more if you find you want/need one) and your 850 EVO SSD. the SSD I chose is only slightly slower, and its not the sort of thing you could even notice in day-to-day operations, nor could you notice unless you had some sort of SSD benchmarking program.

your build above was $1053, this one is $1057. This one is better and retains most of what you selected anyway, just with a bit of fine tuning.

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Ok I did some refining to lower the cost.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/R27Qqk

So I am not worried about colors (except for the blue case), I have an HDD with Windows from old build which I will just use, I found a cheaper H170 motherboard, I definitely want to go with the 850 since I don't need another HDD, and I am still deciding between the 6600 and 6500, is there much of a difference? 

4 hours ago, colemilne54 said:

So I am not worried about colors (except for the blue case), I have an HDD with Windows from old build which I will just use, I found a cheaper H170 motherboard, I definitely want to go with the 850 since I don't need another HDD, and I am still deciding between the 6600 and 6500, is there much of a difference?

The difference is 3.6 GHz boost vs 3.9 GHz Boost. so its about 8.3% faster. The real question you should be asking yourself is "is 15 bucks worth having an 8.3% faster computer?" The answer is definitely yes absolutely. A lot of games may not need the extra CPU headroom, but for how little it costs extra, there really isn't any good reason to avoid getting it if you can spare the money. If you can drop 1k on a new computer, it would be a real shame to skimp out on the last 15 bucks.

Also, you have black and red motherboard, Red RAM.... why are you getting a black and blue case? why not get a black and red case to make it match? or get blue RAM and a colour neutral motherboard to match your blue case? Your choice of motherboard also doesn't come with USB 3.1 or type C. Not sure if that sort of thing matters to you, but that GA-H170-D3HP I suggested earlier does.

But hey, its your computer and your money. You do you =)