USB wifi or built-in wifi card for ITX build

Hi Guys, Need a little help with wifi xD

I'm building a simple gaming and productivity ITX build and need to use wifi, as cable is out of the question (it's complicated).

I'm going to get a discrete gpu so I can't install a pci-e wifi card.

My question: Should I go with a USB wifi adapter or get a mobo with built in wifi? Recommendations pls. TY

Build Spec:

Intel i5 6500 (Not into overclocking)

Fractal Define Nano S

Fractal Integra M 550W

8GB DDR4 Kingston Fury RAM (Single Stick)

Kindston UV400 SSD 120gb

1TB WD Blue/Black

MOBO (undecided)

GPU (undecided)

Games Played:

CSGO

RUST

GMod

C&C

etc.

Application used

Photoshop and Premier

30 minutes ago, NekoCap said:

My question: Should I go with a USB wifi adapter or get a mobo with built in wifi? Recommendations pls. TY

Get the cheaper option. They are practically doing the same job, connecting you to the router. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

Personally I'd go with a PCIe Wireless N/AC card - pretty cheap and keeps the outside of the case neat.

What might be the deciding factor is how far from your wireless access point you are - PCIe cards or built-in cards tend to have external antennas which will get a better signal than USB. 

13 hours ago, BabyPandaaa said:

Personally I'd go with a PCIe Wireless N/AC card - pretty cheap and keeps the outside of the case neat.

What might be the deciding factor is how far from your wireless access point you are - PCIe cards or built-in cards tend to have external antennas which will get a better signal than USB. 

I'm a bit more that 5 meters away from my router with a wall in between my pc desk and the router, (it's in the next room across the hallway). However, I usually get full/almost full signal throughout most the house with my laptop/phone.

15 hours ago, Carlos1010 said:

Get the cheaper option. They are practically doing the same job, connecting you to the router. 

The cheapest option would be using USB wifi dongle. As I already have one from my old laptop. It's a D-Link DWA-127 150Mbps USB dongle with anthena, it worked fine for a bit, till the laptop died.

11 hours ago, NekoCap said:

I'm a bit more that 5 meters away from my router with a wall in between my pc desk and the router, (it's in the next room across the hallway). However, I usually get full/almost full signal throughout most the house with my laptop/phone.

In that case a USB one should be fine :)