Most value GPU('s)?

Norup

Deer LTT forum!

My friend is gonna build his own rig, or to be precise, I'll be doing the assembly as he has no experience.

As we're discussing the parts he wants I'm getting a little bit critical of his suggestions.

First off, he has a large budget and he wants dual 1080's. So that had me thinking, what is the most value (or simply good value) GPU og GPU's?

Everyone likes SLI, so that certainly isn't a restriction. Regarding the budget: If he wants dual 1080, consider that price as the budget for GPU.

Regars

Norup

Then i recommend going for xeon or an enthusiast grade processor!

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

Then i recommend going for xeon or an enthusiast grade processor!

I will keep that in mind!

Well, What parts you want in the rig is highly dependant on what is he going to use for it. For example if it's a pure gaming rig, than I recommend, and ONLY ONE CPU is a SkyLake 6700K. It has the fastest core clock with HT. Games CanNot utilize more than 4 cores, so buying a Xeon or an Extreme edition is Waste of Money. However, if used as a Workstation, I recommend getting an I7 6850X, if he hates his money than an i7 6900X. Don't go any higher than that, it's not worth it. If he want's to go nuts on CPU, than Get a prev gen Xeon with lots of cores respectively. 
MoBo wise, Buy an Asus X99 Delux II for the X processors (Never had X CPU, check the socket, but I think its this type), if you go for skylake, get an Asus VIII Formula, or a Z170 Delux, depending on the colour theme you are going with. (Buying a VII Formula/Hero for differend colour applies to X99 as well). 
As for PSU, get a big one. 800W at minimum, or get an 1000W with the best rating (80+ platina?)

So yeah, this is what I think it's optimal. As for a case, it's nice to have one that has a basement, because you'll have tons of cables. 

P.s.: if he really want's to burn money, get an intel PCIe SSD. OMFG, they are fast. I'm not saying they are not worth it, but are expensive for most of us.

Hope this helped, ask away if you want more help :)