is i7-3820 @3.6 Ghz still a good processor today in 2016?

14 minutes ago, agent_x007 said:

Holy ****... you guys are new at this, aren't you ?
And just FYI : LINK :D

pretty much...98% of the people on this forum are ''new at this''...and that's a problem.

152 863 teenager ''know it all'' at the same place, giving advise, acting and thinking like they know everything...while in fact they know squadoosh...can't be good.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

12 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

pretty much...98% of the people on this forum are ''new at this''...and that's a problem.

152 863 teenager ''know it all'' at the same place, giving advise, acting and thinking like they know everything...while in fact they know squadoosh...can't be good.

I don't think that's fair to say.  Not knowing a CPU is partially unlocked doesn't mean that you don't know anything.  Correct me if I'm wrong (my knowledge is limited in the OC department), but weren't there only 3 partially unlocked Sandy Bridge CPU's?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I don't think that's fair to say.  Not knowing a CPU is partially unlocked doesn't mean that you don't know anything.  Correct me if I'm wrong (my knowledge is limited in the OC department), but weren't there only 3 partially unlocked Sandy Bridge CPU's?

All Sandy Bridge CPUs that support Turbo Boost are partially unlocked. Not only can they turbo up to frequencies that are higher than their default clock, but they can also be overclocked to frequencies even higher than their turbo speeds. By default, all Turbo enabled Sandy Bridge CPUs can be set to run at up to four bins (4 * bclk or 400MHz by default) higher than their standard turbo frequencies

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5276/intel-core-i7-3820-review-285-quadcore-sandy-bridge-e

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

All Sandy Bridge CPUs that support Turbo Boost are partially unlocked. Not only can they turbo up to frequencies that are higher than their default clock, but they can also be overclocked to frequencies even higher than their turbo speeds. By default, all Turbo enabled Sandy Bridge CPUs can be set to run at up to four bins (4 * bclk or 400MHz by default) higher than their standard turbo frequencies

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5276/intel-core-i7-3820-review-285-quadcore-sandy-bridge-e

I see 3 non-K/X ones in that list lol.

Anyway, Sandy Bridge was 6 years ago.  It's not like we're talking about Skylake.  Not being familiar with a CPU that old doesn't mean you don't know anything about computers.  I am new to overclocking, so this isn't personal.  I just don't like it when people act like dicks over an honest mistake.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

12 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I see 3 non-K/X ones in that list lol.

Anyway, Sandy Bridge was 6 years ago.  It's not like we're talking about Skylake.  Not being familiar with a CPU that old doesn't mean you don't know anything about computers.  I am new to overclocking, so this isn't personal.  I just don't like it when people act like dicks over an honest mistake.

...and i don't like people with limited knowledge pouring in and distributing advises and opinions left and right without at least doing SOME research before posting...a simple google search can go a long way nowadays if you don't know or if you're unsure...that's just my opinion.