Computer Build Help Please

Kozz2

So I'm trying to build a gaming computer and a computer to eventually take to college to pursue my education in engineering is this to much unneeded stuff in this build?

I haven't picked a video card , optical drive or power supply yet so it would be nice if you gave some suggestions! I also plan to play games like csgo evolve stage 2 and games like those.

**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $215.99 @ SuperBiiz 
**Motherboard** | [MSI Z170A GAMING M7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] $209.99 @ SuperBiiz 
**Memory** | [Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] $73.99 @ Newegg 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]| $47.49 @ OutletPC 
**Case** | [DIYPC Alnitak-BK ATX Mid Tower Case]| $34.89 @ Newegg 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]( $85.89 @ OutletPC 
**Wireless Network Adapter** | [TRENDnet TEW-805UB USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $26.76 @ B&H 
**Monitor** | [Asus MX279H 27.0" Monitor]| $235.02 @ B&H 
**Keyboard** | [Redragon S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse]| $33.44 @ Amazon 

No GPU?

EDIT: Sorry I glazed right over the first part xD and yeah youll probably want an RX 480.. 1060? 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

No GPU?

what that

Oh no I dont need one correct

1 minute ago, Kozz2 said:

If you're playing games youll need one, integrated graphics are pretty bad

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Kozz2 said:

You need one,it's what makes you play games

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

Just now, Kozz2 said:

what that

GPU is a graphics card.

The integrated graphics should get around 60fps with medium settings. For Evolve, you may need to turn down the settings to get a stable framerate.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Just now, Dresta said:

You need one,it's what makes you play games

Just now, Slottr said:

If you're playing games youll need one, integrated graphics are pretty bad

Which one and how do i chose it from pc part picker

Just now, Kozz2 said:

Whats your budget?

Hi. 

Seems like you picked a non-K CPU and a Z motherboard that is able to overclock. If you want to overclock, a K processor would be great. 

I also really recommend a SSD. 250 GB are becoming more affordable and this would be a very useful size imo (the more the better obviously). Currently, I am using a 500 GB SSD without a HDD. 

Edit: PSU wattage depends on your final system (GPU, CPU, etc.). Personally, I am happy with my Corsair PSU. 

A lot of ppl nowadays argue that you do not actually need an optical drive. You can install Windows via USB and unless you HAVE to use CD/DVD/BluRay, there is not a lot of reasons to get a optical drive.

3 minutes ago, Kozz2 said:

You go into PCpartpicker and and go into "Choose a Video Card" and find a card GTX 1060 or RX 480 here's the link to the cards 

GTX 1060 - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pbL7YJ/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-6161-kr\

RX 480 - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CpH48d/gigabyte-radeon-rx-480-8gb-video-card-gv-rx480d5-8gd-b

Of course if these cards fit your budget

Also you don't need a Z170 board on a non K,CPU + the board is $200 which is pricey for a budget

Add a SSD (240-256GB)

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

12 hours ago, Kozz2 said:

~snip~

Hey there :)

The guys gave you some really good suggestions. 

My two cents here:

- consider if you would like to overclock the CPU and make the proper selection either with a motherboard that allows this and an unlocked CPU or with a locked CPU and a motherboard that is less pricey and doesn't have the overclocking abilities. 

- 16GB may be a bit overkill for this so you may start with a single 8GB stick and see how that works. You can always add more if needed for your work.

- WD Blue is a great drive for storage. You may consider adding a SSD for the OS as it would greatly improve the overall responsiveness and loading/boot times of the system. 

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/