Is this a decent overclock??

is this any good?

9uk004-4.png

(click on the like to have a look)

1 minute ago, mrbuz said:

is this any good?

9uk004-4.png

(click on the like to have a look)

The voltage on the CPUz screenshot shows it at 1.56v, that seems very high to me personally. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

yeah thats what i was thinking too but its seeming to be really power hungry for some reason.

other cpus that i have overclocked weren't needing that much. :o

3 minutes ago, mrbuz said:

yeah thats what i was thinking too but its seeming to be really power hungry for some reason.

other cpus that i have overclocked weren't needing that much. :o

That's a very high voltage. Except I don't know much about AMD Cpu's, all I know is the 6th Generation Intel Processors have a max of 1.4v. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

yeah this is my first amd cpu i have owned but the fourth one i have worked with (from memory :P ) and amds cpu are for sure more power hungry but i did't realize it was that much more power hungry i hope another amd owner responds to this thread!

13 minutes ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

That's a very high voltage. Except I don't know much about AMD Cpu's, all I know is the 6th Generation Intel Processors have a max of 1.4v. 

AMD chips are VERY different. The stock voltage on the 9590 is 1.54V.

STOCK.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

AMD chips are VERY different. The stock voltage on the 9590 is 1.54V.

STOCK.

They are very power hungry xD 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

THANKS thats really good to know so now i fell a little more sound about my oc thanks guys you are priceless!! :D 

13 minutes ago, mrbuz said:

yeah this is my first amd cpu i have owned but the fourth one i have worked with (from memory :P ) and amds cpu are for sure more power hungry but i did't realize it was that much more power hungry i hope another amd owner responds to this thread!

I have the same motherboard running a 975 BE (an older chip).

1.56V is nothing to sneeze at, but it isn't something I'd worry about too much. The clock speeds seem reasonable, have you tried messing with the bus (210 or so might be possible at same voltage)?

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

I have the same motherboard running a 975 BE (an older chip).

1.56V is nothing to sneeze at, but it isn't something I'd worry about too much. The clock speeds seem reasonable, have you tried messing with the bus (210 or so might be possible at same voltage)?

no not really i have left the bus

i have to get home from school some how xD 

Just now, mrbuz said:

no not really i have left the bus

Obviously you don't have to mess with it, but feel free to try. I know some people messed around with SA voltages as well to get it up to the 225 range.

I'm using an older chip for a non-intense purpose with a stock cooler so I haven't pushed it very hard.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Obviously you don't have to mess with it, but feel free to try. I know some people messed around with SA voltages as well to get it up to the 225 range.

I'm using an older chip for a non-intense purpose with a stock cooler so I haven't pushed it very hard.

yeah well i built this rig after the mobo on my old/faithful core2duo rig died and i never used to like amd much but now i really like both amd and intel the both are good in there own way i geuss 

btw i stil got the core2duo it survived the mobo failure its in an old msi mobo a mate gave to me :)