Looking into the 6850k

So I've been having troubles with my 4790k (specifically while streaming since I made my dual 1080 rig) and I'm looking into just getting an X99 and a 6850k, is that a good choice? Is it a good processor?

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

I'm not able to answer your question, but what troubles are you having with the 4790k?

It's been mostly losing a decent amount of frames, and I can't stream over 720p30 anymore without getting crazy frame fluctuation ever since I installed my 2 1080s. My previous rig was a 290x.

Just now, ZaneiusValentine said:

It's been mostly losing a decent amount of frames, and I can't stream over 720p30 anymore without getting crazy frame fluctuation ever since I installed my 2 1080s. My previous rig was a 290x.

Thats not CPU, thats upload speed. Get a www.speedtest.net result and come back to us.

4 minutes ago, WSADKeysGaming said:

Thats not CPU, thats upload speed. Get a www.speedtest.net result and come back to us.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5521260543 11.8 up, which wouldn't be the issue since it's the same as I've had from arizona(ish) to here in Oklahoma, and my old rig was while I was here and able to run 1080p30 fine, at least I wouldn't think it is.

3 minutes ago, ZaneiusValentine said:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5521260543 11.8 up, which wouldn't be the issue since it's the same as I've had from arizona(ish) to here in Oklahoma, and my old rig was while I was here and able to run 1080p30 fine, at least I wouldn't think it is.

Huh. I would suggest getting a Wi-Fi card now that you know that's not your problem, but did you ever happen to delid your 4790k? That could be the problem.

Just now, WSADKeysGaming said:

Huh. I would suggest getting a Wi-Fi card now that you know that's not your problem, but did you ever happen to delid your 4790k? That could be the problem.

no I'm sure I didn't. Also I use wired since I bought my modem specifically to be right next to my pc. I have also seen a lot more high CPU usage messages since the GPU upgrade. I suppose I could try testing OBS see if it's maybe just an issue with Xsplit but I highly doubt that. It just seems like a CPU issue to me.

Don't get a 6850k get a 6800k. The 6850k is 200$ more and you don't get much.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

Don't get a 6850k get a 6800k. The 6850k is 200$ more and you don't get much.

Oh wow yeah looking at the benchmarks it's so marginal there's no reason in getting the 6850k, thanks mate.

9 minutes ago, ZaneiusValentine said:

Oh wow yeah looking at the benchmarks it's so marginal there's no reason in getting the 6850k, thanks mate.

Your welcome :) 

10 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Temps perhaps and thermal throttling? A 4790k is still pretty dang good and should be able to handle most things you throw at it.

I don't believe so, I'll say for sure during my next stream tonight, I'll have RT open, but I'm almost positive it isn't since I just swapped coolers because my h80i wasn't functioning properly anymore so I went back to air cooling with an NH-D15 and so far haven't had noticeable issues.

So from my stream testing it seems without a doubt to be a bottleneck, 100%ing at 1080p almost instantly and at 900p, temps are fine though. oh well. I'll probably still keep the 4790k around and use it in another build, don't wanna just get rid of it.