USB Problems

I am currently having a problem with my USB ports not reading properly in Windows 7. My bios detects my mouse and keyboard (Corsair k70 and Corsair m65) yet no matter what Windows won't read either. I have already installed a fresh copy of Winodws, the problem went away for a while then came back immediately on the same day. How do I fix this? My motherboard is an MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition.

Edit: I've also booted into safe mode thinking I can try and fix the problem but with no success.

update yo drivers man

Also make sure you're not using USB 3.0 and especially not 3.1, they have a lot of problems.

Just now, hhamama66 said:

Yep. I installed the USB 3.0 drivers right when I reinstalled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  don't know what to say on that then

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, AresKrieger said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  don't know what to say on that then

And unfortunately, I can't call MSI customer support because their damn offices close at 6. But luckily, everyone who has a laptop problem can call in until 7. Srsly?

I would try different combinations of the usb settings in the BIOS, starting with everything set to enabled:

msss.png

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

1 hour ago, xGGAx said:

I would try different combinations of the usb settings in the BIOS, starting with everything set to enabled:

msss.png

Now another problem just arose. I can't even get it to post. It just hangs there without showing the splash screen, then if I press delete or f11 to go to the boot menu or bios, it just reboots itself. I don't know what the hell is going on at this point.

did you try setting the switch on the keyboard to a different setting?

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

23 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

did you try setting the switch on the keyboard to a different setting?

I've been running it at the same switch for the last couple of months with no issues what so ever. Now, the main issue is the board won't post and I'm gonna guess there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow and call in an RMA request.