How long should I stress test my PC?

Hello. I am overclocking my pc from 3.5GHz to 4.4GHz. How long should I stress test after the overclock? 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

if you want to ensure that its 100% stable

24 hours

else 

overnight

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Depends on the program you are using I generally go a half hour for lighter OC settings and a couple for serious overclocking, usually though if it was unstable it would conk out before a half hour regardless (I use intel  XTU)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

Hello. I am overclocking my pc from 3.5GHz to 4.4GHz. How long should I stress test after the overclock? 

30min for the early OC stages should do fine. Go with overnight 8h tests afterwards.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Many people have successfully OCed my i5 6600k to 4.4GHz. Just to be sure, I will run it overnight. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

I usually do 10 passes on Intel Burn Test (if your using an intel chip) on the highest settings, and then a 12hr test Intel extreme tuning utility. I have to make sure that my pc is pretty much rock solid because if my pc bluescreen on me while I do projects I would be so screwed.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

When i used to go for absolute max on my oc's (id literally spend 30-40 hours tweaking over weeks to get that extra few mghz, i still overclock but dont take it as seriously these days) in order to claim what i consider fully stable, 12 hours in prime 95(this was a while back, not suggesting prime these days) without error.

I recall (this was with my old q9550 approaching 4ghz) having failures at around the 6 and even 10 hour marks and getting BSOD's on these settings on extreme gaming sessions.I thought MAYBE the oc was actually stable but failures caused by brown outs/power ripples, but crashes during gaming confirmed they were unstable!

So IMHO a couple of hours is not enough! Sure many games will run fine on slightly unstable OC, while others (high FPS seems to be a trigger) will crash almost instantly.

10 minutes ago, Dunxy said:

When i used to go for absolute max on my oc's (id literally spend 30-40 hours tweaking over weeks to get that extra few mghz, i still overclock but dont take it as seriously these days) in order to claim what i consider fully stable, 12 hours in prime 95(this was a while back, not suggesting prime these days) without error.

I recall (this was with my old q9550 approaching 4ghz) having failures at around the 6 and even 10 hour marks and getting BSOD's on these settings on extreme gaming sessions.I thought MAYBE the oc was actually stable but failures caused by brown outs/power ripples, but crashes during gaming confirmed they were unstable!

So IMHO a couple of hours is not enough! Sure many games will run fine on slightly unstable OC, while others (high FPS seems to be a trigger) will crash almost instantly.

Ye, I use to have problem with my clocks due to brown outs to because of my AC or when my wife turns on her pc, but I fixed the problem with an UPS to counter the dips. And games and encoding/rendering things are definitely the best way to test stability. 

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

1 minute ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Ye, I use to have problem with my clocks due to brown outs to because of my AC or when my wife turns on her pc, but I fixed the problem with an UPS to counter to dips. And games and encoding/rendering things are definitely the best way to test stability. 

I scored a UPS the other day for same purpose, haven't got around to getting some batteries for it yet! That being said my power is actually pretty good where i am now, probably because i have 3 phase to the premises.