litebitcoining

Go to solution Solved by RuecanOnRails,

Depending on how much you overclock the card you can get anywhere from 420 - 475 K/hash when mining scrypt based coins such as litecoin.

If you throw that hashrate into a calculator you can get a rough idea of what to expect.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=450&difficulty=1040.89584526&power=200&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

Of course, Litecoin isn't always the most profitable to mine if you're going for profits alone.

http://coinchoose.com/

Can help you find out what coin is currently the *best* to mine at the time with immediately exchanging it into Bitcoin.

hi guys is it still safe to do litebitcoining and is it worth it

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

I think you mean litecoin-mining. And yes, if you have a powerful enough Radeon GPU you could make a little bit.

You wont make anything from Bitcoin mining, but you may be able to turn profit on LiteCoin's.

~Judah

Do you mean litecoin mining?

It is easier than bitcoin mining...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

i mean litecoin mining

i mean litecoin mining

It depends, if you have the money to spare then you can try but if you don't have much money just lying around then don't...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

To answer your questions:

1: Yes, it is safe. Just make sure your fan/overclock keeps temperatures in the safe zone you will be fine. There are also no laws against it, so if your rig can handle it then go ahead

2: It may or may not be worth it. If your running something like a 7750, no. If your running a 7970 then then yes. You will have to find a litecoin mining profitability calculator. If you put in the cost of power and your hashing power you can see if you will make anything. I dont know your setup, power consumption, or cost of power where you live so i dont know if i can help much.

~Judah

Yes, it is safe to mine litecoins, and the best card to use is 7950 at the moment. I'm doing it right now.

To answer your questions:

1: Yes, it is safe. Just make sure your fan/overclock keeps temperatures in the safe zone you will be fine. There are also no laws against it, so if your rig can handle it then go ahead

2: It may or may not be worth it. If your running something like a 7750, no. If your running a 7970 then then yes. You will have to find a litecoin mining profitability calculator. If you put in the cost of power and your hashing power you can see if you will make anything. I dont know your setup, power consumption, or cost of power where you live so i dont know if i can help much.

well i live in australia

and i have a hd 6950 1gb

How much does power cost there? It wont be worth it if you spend more in power then you will make back

~Judah

Depending on how much you overclock the card you can get anywhere from 420 - 475 K/hash when mining scrypt based coins such as litecoin.

If you throw that hashrate into a calculator you can get a rough idea of what to expect.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=450&difficulty=1040.89584526&power=200&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

Of course, Litecoin isn't always the most profitable to mine if you're going for profits alone.

http://coinchoose.com/

Can help you find out what coin is currently the *best* to mine at the time with immediately exchanging it into Bitcoin.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.