Problem

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

In the advanced view, when adding a GPU slot - the GPU Index is usually at -1 - which is the default - auto select. Set it to 0 and see which card you get. Then you can add the other, making that 1. If they still reversed, do it again, only now, to add the 770, make the first slot index 1 and the second 0.

That should work, although I have also seen where it doesn't ...

I am folding just fine with an averaqge of 50k ppd but i have a problem. When I want to game in just about every game if i pause my 770 and 3570k and leave my other gpu on I get very low frame rates. Is there a way to fix it i should be able to leave one folding right?

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I don't think you can game on one GPU whilst folding on another. It might be a little too much for your PC.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

yeah, you should be fine. I have a 780 which I use for gaming and folding and a 7970 which is folding non-stop. In my case the performance is the same even if I pause the 7970.

are you getting better frames when you pause your second card too?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

I end up just turning the whole thing off im going to test it again later got to go to school in about a 30 minutes

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Ok did a quick run around sanctuary in borderlands 2. folding off i was getting constant 60fps. Running 650 dropped frames to 25-30. I turned the 650 off then on and i got full 60 frames for a good minute until it dropped back down. Not sure whats making it run so slow the 770 should be pushing 60fps at almost all times in that gane on max.

I think i figured it out. IN the physx settings it had auto selected my 650 to run physx so while folding it destroyed my fps. I am going to do more testing and such when i get home.

I was going to say - sounds like something else going on as well. Obviously you don't have them in SLI and I assume everything is hooked to the 770 - you may have hit it on the head with the Physx - even if not really needed, drivers may have been "using" the 650...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

glad the issue was fixed :)

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

wow that's an interesting problem to have, I'm glad you worked it out, i never would have even thought to look at that as a possibility 

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I think i figured it out again... My folding slots are flipped. It is saying my my 770 but when i pause it it is really pausing my 650 and the other way around anyone know how this is possible? and how to fix

I think i figured it out again... My folding slots are flipped. It is saying my my 770 but when i pause it it is really pausing my 650 and the other way around anyone know how this is possible? and how to fix

Once your WU are done delete the GPU slots and add them back manually. I think this should work.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Once your WU are done delete the GPU slots and add them back manually. I think this should work.

If i do them now before the wus finish will i have any problems it has about 15 hours left on one of them

If i do them now before the wus finish will i have any problems it has about 15 hours left on one of them

I think that you lose the WU and you don't want to lose the WU and the points. I would just wait for them to finish and then just change them around.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Sometime though when adding the GPU slots, it will always "pick" the wrong one. Without playing with indexes and such. But ya, wait till they are done. In advanced view, right-click on each GPU slot and click on finish. That way they will finish current WU and not download another. Then, delete them. Then add one. Click ok. Start it and verify that it is the 770. If not, come back here and we can trouble shoot further.

One my GPU folders, they were always mixed up - so I just had a peice of paper detailing PCIe Slot, model and and Folding Slot. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Sometime though when adding the GPU slots, it will always "pick" the wrong one. Without playing with indexes and such. But ya, wait till they are done. In advanced view, right-click on each GPU slot and click on finish. That way they will finish current WU and not download another. Then, delete them. Then add one. Click ok. Start it and verify that it is the 770. If not, come back here and we can trouble shoot further.

One my GPU folders, they were always mixed up - so I just had a peice of paper detailing PCIe Slot, model and and Folding Slot. :)

How do i use the indexes i have tried setting the gpu slot numbers and i always get them fliped

In the advanced view, when adding a GPU slot - the GPU Index is usually at -1 - which is the default - auto select. Set it to 0 and see which card you get. Then you can add the other, making that 1. If they still reversed, do it again, only now, to add the 770, make the first slot index 1 and the second 0.

Ok I did that and it did not work but started to use the core indices and after enough tries i got them to show up correctly. Thanks for the help

Ya, typically is mucking with all that crap :)