My first brand spanking new build since 2009, need airflow advice!

Hi everyone, I am doing a huge PC upgrade over the next 3-5 weeks when I am home from Asia.

To give you an idea, this is my current PC:

CPU - Intel Core i5 750 (2.6Ghz / 4Ghz OC) ..very old Lynnfield based CPU, I can notice the inefficency when using Adobe Lightroom and Premiere, it's slow! My laptop is faster.

Motherboard - ASUS P7P55D LE

RAM - Teamgroup 8GB (2x4GB) PC-12800 DDR3

GPU - Gigabyte Windforce 2x GTX 670 2048MB

Monitor - BENQ 27" 2760HM 1080P

I will be transferring my Corsair VX550W (sadly not modular, but it's a good PSU), Xonar Essence STX, 2xSSD, 2xHDDs, 2-3 mid-range case fans.

Here is the full build including the components from my old PC that are coming over:

96apT7x.png

Next year I will move back to Asia, so I didn't want to drop a lot of money on a case because I will sell it at a loss or discard it, the Thermaltake is perfect for the price (I needed front bays for my card reader and wanted sound dampening).

My air flow plan is the Cooler Master AIO will exhaust out of the top, I will put a 140mm in the bottom as an intake, two 120mms in the front as intake and  a 120mm rear as exhaust. Do you think this will be a fairly efficient, balanced air flow setup leaning towards positive pressure? 

That's one power supply I haven't seen in a long time. To answer your question, that seems to be a good fan setup.

Overall, the build looks fine. That monitor is a dream.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

That's one power supply I haven't seen in a long time.

Build looks fine. That monitor is a dream.

Haha yes, I was trying to find exactly when I bought it but I don't remember where I ordered it from. It has to be at least 6 years old, I'm a little worried about re-using it because of its age but Corsair rate it for around 11 years, it has the same "Japanese capacitors" of the higher end ones so maybe it's OK. I think I'll replace it next year when I go back to Asia!

I went for that monitor because it has good calibration (I do a lot of photography stuff) and still has all the gaming features I want, I'm so excited to finally go 1440P and see what the G-Sync/144hz hype is all about!!

I am looking forward to be using a powerful desktop again, editing in Adobe Lightroom is very slow on my old PC and not much better on my laptop's i7 4700HQ.

6 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Did you have a hard time deciding which harddrives to go for? :P

Lol it does look a bit crazy, I bought the Corsair in 2012, the SanDisk in 2015, the 1TB maybe 2-3 years ago and the Hitachi is at least 6 years old but still going, I use it just as a dump drive for downloads, they really are a reliable brand!

That PSU is a blast from the past. My uncle bought one to power his 8800GT. I don't know how great it is and I'd probably replace it, it has had its life.

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That PSU is a blast from the past. My uncle bought one to power his 8800GT. I don't know how great it is and I'd probably replace it, it has had its life.

Very good reviews, it's basically the non-modular version of the excellent HX series PSUs from back then, I'm a little concerned about the age but I only plan to use it for around 9 months, I will probably leave it at home instead of taking it to Asia so maybe it's better to not buy a new one!