Virtual Reality Community

As a virtual reality enthusiast and developer, I've discovered that it is a bit difficult to find others to talk about VR games(and other software); considering the small market. I've had the occasional chat in Alt-space or meet someone on Hover Junkers, Pool Nation, etc, but I don't get to actively engage with those people.

So I decided to create this thread for those who are interested in VR and/or have a headset themselves. Here you can talk about upcoming games, recommend games, and share your interests for the future of VR. 

Enjoy! Please no fanboying.

To start off, have you all seen this game? It looks phenomenal!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Wish I can afford and run some VR games..

I mean, shits expensive up here in Canada..

At minimum shit here is [Price in USD x 1.32 x 1.13]

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Wish I can afford and run some VR games..

I mean, shits expensive up here in Canada..

At minimum shit here is [Price in USD x 1.32 x 1.13]

I agree.  The price right now is a bit high. It'll only get cheaper and better though!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Just now, christianled59 said:

I agree.  The price right now is a bit high. It'll only get cheaper and better though!

Not if my hardware is limiting it..

Seeing as how a used 970 is $350 or so..

And a 6700 is $500.. plus tax.

Even the 480 is $300..

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

Not if my hardware is limiting it..

Seeing as how a used 970 is $350 or so..

And a 6700 is $500.. plus tax.

Even the 480 is $300..

How is see it, hardware will always be a limit somewhere. I mean, if you think about it, a 480 is still an amazing price now compared to the 970 last year. Hardware will only get better. Of course, not everyone will be able to afford the high end, so it'll probably be divided. 

You've got to keep in mind, PSVR is looking to provide high end vr for a lower price. The hardware won't be an issue.

6 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

How is see it, hardware will always be a limit somewhere. I mean, if you think about it, a 480 is still an amazing price now compared to the 970 last year. Hardware will only get better. Of course, not everyone will be able to afford the high end, so it'll probably be divided. 

You've got to keep in mind, PSVR is looking to provide high end vr for a lower price. The hardware won't be an issue.

https://gyazo.com/b164f553389ced39dd5f4aa1b7755e8d

:( sadly my 380 probably wont cut it.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

https://gyazo.com/b164f553389ced39dd5f4aa1b7755e8d

:( sadly my 380 probably wont cut it.

It must be a glitch. A 380 will definitely work for vr. It's on par with the 970. I've seen people play vive games with a 960. (lower end fidelity games.) 

ah wait. I'm thinking 380x. Idk dude.

Okay looked into it. Should be fine, it's a little better than a 960 and people say it works fine.

1 minute ago, christianled59 said:

It must be a glitch. A 380 will definitely work for vr. It's on par with the 970. I've seen people play vive games with a 960. (lower end fidelity games.) 

ah wait. I'm thinking 380x. Idk dude.

380 = 760 but a bit better.

i've done it in febaruay, march and today.. i dunno.

ill probably be a really late adopter for VR because its expensive and my parents aren't sold on the idea.. and so am i.

i mean -- i gotta try it somewhere first of all. maybe ill try to make "google cardboard" with cardboard..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

380 = 760 but a bit better.

i've done it in febaruay, march and today.. i dunno.

ill probably be a really late adopter for VR because its expensive and my parents aren't sold on the idea.. and so am i.

i mean -- i gotta try it somewhere first of all. maybe ill try to make "google cardboard" with cardboard..

Mobile vr is pretty terrible, but if you want to try it then it's the cheapest option.

Mobile vr is pretty terrible, but if you want to try it then it's the cheapest option.

*free

xD i literally meant making vr with some cardboard and some tape.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

*free

xD i literally meant making vr with some cardboard and some tape.

Ah, I don't think that'd work. You have to have lenses. Although you can literally get free google cardboards on the internet on some sites.

Ah, I don't think that'd work. You have to have lenses.

well

*uses glasses* /s

well shit, my idea for the weekend has been ruined.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.