can i use z97 drivers on h61?

the title speaks for itself, my z97 board had its nic die(my fault i think) and now im waiting for another one on monday, but i have my old h61(ecs h61h2-m2) mb so ill just use this, my plan was to install windows on a separate drive, but this mb wont recognize my flash drive with a windows iso... so.... i plugged my ssd(with just the os and the z97 drivers, (z97x gaming 3 from gigabyte)) and my gpu drivers work, no real surprise tho, everything seems alright, and even ethernet works. so yup, my mb nic was dead. but still... can i run this stuff for 1-2 days?

Edit: Welp, as time goes i can already see that audio isnt working.

I'm honestly surprised it even booted. I would recommend not trying to run it on the different motherboard.

30 minutes ago, Logarithm said:

I'm honestly surprised it even booted. I would recommend not trying to run it on the different motherboard.

Actually it's not surprising at all.  Windows isn't STUPID.  It can boot, look at it's hardware, realize it has no drivers for that hardware, and start installing drivers.  It has enough drivers built in to run on most any hardware (I mean, it has to the first time with just what's on the install media after all).  I've moved installs from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge to Ivy Bridge-E and the worst I had to do was reactivate Windows 7 and install any extra drivers that were missing. (USB3 drivers normally, different controllers and all that).  I went BACKWARDS from a B85 (Haswell) board to a P67 (Sandy Bridge) as well.

Really, you aren't screwed unless you have an install built for AHCI and try to run it on a board without AHCI enabled for storage, then it pretty much tells you to go fuck yourself.  Even then there are clever ways to work around that if you really need to.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Actually it's not surprising at all.  Windows isn't STUPID.  It can boot, look at it's hardware, realize it has no drivers for that hardware, and start installing drivers.  It has enough drivers built in to run on most any hardware (I mean, it has to the first time with just what's on the install media after all).  I've moved installs from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge to Ivy Bridge-E and the worst I had to do was reactivate Windows 7 and install any extra drivers that were missing. (USB3 drivers normally, different controllers and all that).  I went BACKWARDS from a B85 (Haswell) board to a P67 (Sandy Bridge) as well.

Really, you aren't screwed unless you have an install built for AHCI and try to run it on a board without AHCI enabled for storage, then it pretty much tells you to go fuck yourself.  Even then there are clever ways to work around that if you really need to.

so im out of trouble? i just... uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones? or can i live a couple of days like this?

1 minute ago, Niko_2142 said:

so im out of trouble? i just... uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones? or can i live a couple of days like this?

You said it booted up fine, right?  Then yes, it works.  It's not like it's a ticking time bomb that'll explode.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

You said it booted up fine, right?  Then yes, it works.  It's not like it's a ticking time bomb that'll explode.

boots just fine. so i guess im not changing stuff