Fallout 3 For PS3 Lagging

Hello everyone, tonight I was sat down to play Fallout 3 on the PS3 with all of the available DLC. The games frames were dropping substantially, to around 10 or 20 FPS at some points. I'm not sure whether or not the DLC is slowing it down, or if it's just the particular mission I was on, as it seemed to have a very far render distance for the map. Either way, it is incredibly difficult to play and even more difficult when entering VATS, as the game sometimes pauses for seconds at a time before allowing you to continue. These freezes are consistent throughout gameplay and I am not sure what to do about it. I have checked hard drive space and made sure all software/games are up to date. There aren't many video settings in Fallout (on console) so unfortunately I cannot simply turn down the resolution, model detail, etc. Anyone have a similar problem or have a possible fix? Thanks in advance! -ZagZig

6 minutes ago, ZagZig said:

Hello everyone, tonight I was sat down to play Fallout 3 on the PS3 with all of the available DLC. The games frames were dropping substantially, to around 10 or 20 FPS at some points. I'm not sure whether or not the DLC is slowing it down, or if it's just the particular mission I was on, as it seemed to have a very far render distance for the map. Either way, it is incredibly difficult to play and even more difficult when entering VATS, as the game sometimes pauses for seconds at a time before allowing you to continue. These freezes are consistent throughout gameplay and I am not sure what to do about it. I have checked hard drive space and made sure all software/games are up to date. There aren't many video settings in Fallout (on console) so unfortunately I cannot simply turn down the resolution, model detail, etc. Anyone have a similar problem or have a possible fix? Thanks in advance! -ZagZig

Not much you can do other than rebuying it on PC, i mean you said it yourself 

"There aren't many video settings in Fallout (on console) so unfortunately I cannot simply turn down the resolution, model detail, etc"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Not much you can do other than rebuying it on PC, i mean you said it yourself 

"There aren't many video settings in Fallout (on console) so unfortunately I cannot simply turn down the resolution, model detail, etc"

Yeah, that is what I had assumed. I know the PC versions are much better than console, but owning the game disc and DLCs already made it seem silly. Thank you though. :)