Help me!!

DwayneLc

My main desktop is using TP Link USB wifi adapter and the speed is painfully slow. At first, I thought it's because of the range, but my laptop and tablet receive the God speed while using in the same range as the desktop. I also checked the control panel to see any different in setting between my desktop and my laptop and still nothing unusual between the two. I have checked other forums and tried almost all the available solutions but nothing help. So before go out and buy a new one, do you have final suggestion? Thanks in advanced.

TP Link makes many kinds of USB internet adapters. So this will be difficult to answer without knowing your exact one.

I would say get a better quality adapter if you want faster speeds.  I know I bought one for like 20 bucks when i got my computer. It could only use about 10% of my total bandwidth (even though it was rated much higher). I don't know what router you have, but you may benefit from a new one of those as well if you were still having issues.

All-in-all, the best thing I could recommend as a "final suggestion" is just to use an Ethernet cord and plug in. that is always the best thing to do if you want speed and reliability.

1 minute ago, DwayneLc said:

My main desktop is using TP Link USB wifi adapter and the speed is painfully slow. At first, I thought it's because of the range, but my laptop and tablet receive the God speed while using in the same range as the desktop. I also checked the control panel to see any different in setting between my desktop and my laptop and still nothing unusual between the two. I have checked other forums and tried almost all the available solutions but nothing help. So before go out and buy a new one, do you have final suggestion? Thanks in advanced.

Very bad title. Something like "USB Wifi adapter recommendation" would be a lot more useful.

First off, ensure you are using the most up to date drivers for the adapter. Second, is it just the internet on that PC or the PC itself? If all else fails, I recommend a Linksys AE1200 for a USB Wifi adapter.