I don't know what is happening

Hi guys.

i just built by new PC with a:

I7-6700K

MSI B150 gaming M3

MSI GTX960

16gb of hyper X black.

when I launch my games it lags so much. Unplayable and I have tried putting the graphics down but it changes nothing. What is happening. I really hope someone can help me. 

If you can please email me at 

jdun693@gmail.com

or hit me up on ltt forums.

thank you so much 

MSI GTX 960 with a 6700k and on top of that a K series CPU with a B150,yeaaaaa...try to install drivers if you have not already

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

1. Why do you have a 6700k with a B150.... it makes no sense.
  2. What games and settings?
  3. Can you post some HWMonitor pictures while lagging? Important stuff includes temps, usage and clocks, for both the GPU and CPU.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

15 minutes ago, Jdun693 said:

Hi guys.

i just built by new PC with a:

I7-6700K

MSI B150 gaming M3

MSI GTX960

16gb of hyper X black.

when I launch my games it lags so much. Unplayable and I have tried putting the graphics down but it changes nothing. What is happening. I really hope someone can help me. 

If you can please email me at 

jdun693@gmail.com

or hit me up on ltt forums.

thank you so much 

tumblr_n8e6viYxK91qgr036o4_250.gif

what type of build is that

you should have asked the forum first before building that

I believe you think that an i7 is the perfect cpu for gaming and you must have it for gaming

a b150 board with a k cpu?

a gtx 960 with a skylake i7?(i could understand if it was a i7 920)

anyways latest drivers

but other than that pictures?

what games?

i swear if your trying to run games at max 4k 

then no shit you can't run your games its pretty obvious because you have a FUCKING 960 

okay sorry if you felt i just shit on you

though can't do much if you just say you cant run games well

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

16 hours ago, crysilis said:

tumblr_n8e6viYxK91qgr036o4_250.gif

what type of build is that

you should have asked the forum first before building that

I believe you think that an i7 is the perfect cpu for gaming and you must have it for gaming

a b150 board with a k cpu?

a gtx 960 with a skylake i7?(i could understand if it was a i7 920)

anyways latest drivers

but other than that pictures?

what games?

i swear if your trying to run games at max 4k 

then no shit you can't run your games its pretty obvious because you have a FUCKING 960 

okay sorry if you felt i just shit on you

though can't do much if you just say you cant run games well

Is a PNY GYX 970 OK for a gpu and a MSI Z170 tomahawk Intel ATX socket LGA 1151 is that all ok. If it isn't please recommend stuff.

The point of a K series SKU is that they are unlocked and overclockable so if you want to OC it then you buy a motherboard with the "gaming" or "OCing" chipset, in this case Z170 motherboards for Skylake. Since your current motherboard still supports the chip you just can't overclock it. If you ever want to OC it you will need a new motherboard. The 6700k is already clocked very high from the factory so I would hold off on that personally and upgrade later unless you can sell the one you currently have or return it for a Z170 board. The best upgrade right now is a new GPU and you will want a 1070 or a 1080 if you afford to spend that much. Your current 960 can play all of your games just fine but you will be limited on how high you can push the resolution and the graphical settings, you should be able to have a great experience with games like WoW and Overwatch CSGO but games such as Witcher 3, GTA:5, will be struggling for FPS on anything more than mixture of medium-high 1080p graphical settings.

3 hours ago, Jdun693 said:

Is a PNY GYX 970 OK for a gpu and a MSI Z170 tomahawk Intel ATX socket LGA 1151 is that all ok. If it isn't please recommend stuff.

for gaming a 6600k is fine but since you have a 6700k something high end like a 1070 or 1080 

and a high end z170 board

i like asus for mobos

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

2 hours ago, crysilis said:

for gaming a 6600k is fine but since you have a 6700k something high end like a 1070 or 1080 

and a high end z170 board

i like asus for mobos

I can't afford a 1070 or 1080.

is a 970 ok? If not please refer me to a more budget gpu. Thank you so much for the help.

2 minutes ago, Jdun693 said:

is a 970 ok? If not please refer me to a more budget gpu. Thank you so much for the help.

Ask for a refund on the 6700k, buy an i5 6500 and use the spare money on a better GPU.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, Jdun693 said:

1060 or rx 480 then

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

16 hours ago, Jdun693 said:

970 too small of a jump to worry about upgrading. You need to turn settings down and use what you have and save for a 1080 (or whatever is out then when that time comes).

Can any of this be returned? Can you return or trade in anything, like the motherboard, cpu, or gpu? You have way more cpu than you need right now, even at stock speeds its a beast but had you asked for advice originally you could've spent an extra $20-30 and bought a motherboard with the Z170 chipset which would have allowed you to overclock it or you could have chosen a cheaper more suitable cpu and applied some of that budget towards a better gpu. Now that you have the system built with mixed matched parts if you cannot return anything I would suggest just keeping what you have for now and jumping to a 1070 or 1080 when you get the money.... don't waste your money upgrading to anything less.

19 hours ago, Imakuni said:

Ask for a refund on the 6700k, buy an i5 6500 and use the spare money on a better GPU.

I'm tired of people suggesting I5s. It's just simply not true anymore. My 4590 is disgustingly bottle necking my 1070

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

3 hours ago, DunePilot said:

970 too small of a jump to worry about upgrading. You need to turn settings down and use what you have and save for a 1080 (or whatever is out then when that time comes).

Can any of this be returned? Can you return or trade in anything, like the motherboard, cpu, or gpu? You have way more cpu than you need right now, even at stock speeds its a beast but had you asked for advice originally you could've spent an extra $20-30 and bought a motherboard with the Z170 chipset which would have allowed you to overclock it or you could have chosen a cheaper more suitable cpu and applied some of that budget towards a better gpu. Now that you have the system built with mixed matched parts if you cannot return anything I would suggest just keeping what you have for now and jumping to a 1070 or 1080 when you get the money.... don't waste your money upgrading to anything less.

Thanks man. I am getting a 1070 or a Strix 1060 and a Asus z170 pro board is that ok???

1 hour ago, Ryan829 said:

I'm tired of people suggesting I5s. It's just simply not true anymore. My 4590 is disgustingly bottle necking my 1070

It's still better than i7 + Gtx 960, though.

23 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

It's still better than i7 + Gtx 960, though.

Yeah I guess. The 960 is not very powerful for the money 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

6 hours ago, Ryan829 said:

Yeah I guess. The 960 is not very powerful for the money 

Tru that

WTF? I am mad at the moment you bought the best cpu for gaming and slapped in a 960, got a b150 mobo YOU COULD GET A i5 6600K Z170 MOBO AND 1070 ASK TO FORUM NEXT TIME :/  I have to laugh you for your choice :D  tumblr_n8e6viYxK91qgr036o4_250.gif