Anti-static questions

Go to solution Solved by failblox,

That'll probably ground you as much as you can possibly be grounded. Honestly I wouldn't worry about static - just touch your case or power supply every once in a while, depending on what the climate is like where in live. A lot of people build their computers without an anti-static wrist/ankle strap, and it's perfectly fine.

I have questions about avoiding static.

- Is it enough to wear an anti-static wrist/ankle strap, connect the alligator clip to a turned-off plugged-in power supply, plug the power supply into a surge protector, and then plug the surge protector into any 3-prong outlet?

- When would that not ground me?

- What about the metal tools? Can I just touch the metal parts of the tools while I'm grounded and expect the tools to be grounded as well.

That'll probably ground you as much as you can possibly be grounded. Honestly I wouldn't worry about static - just touch your case or power supply every once in a while, depending on what the climate is like where in live. A lot of people build their computers without an anti-static wrist/ankle strap, and it's perfectly fine.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick