Do I really need an ssd?

RedLineGamer

I can't go over 128gb if im getting an ssd because thats way over the budget. If I get an ssd I would just install windows on it and save documents on onedrive, and installing all programs on a hdd.

Anyways, do I need an ssd? Or should I partition 120gb on a 1tb hdd?

I also do a lot of gaming. I don't care about booting speeds.

NOTE: I did not buy the storage drives yet.

Buying gaming pc on janurary 2017!

If you don't care about boot speeds, do you care about general system snappiness?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Almost no one "NEEDS" an SSD. HDD's are fine if you don't mind waiting an extra second for your browsers to load or your enemies to spawn. the only thing an SSD will do for your computer is reduce the amount of time you need to wait to do things. If you don't mind waiting a moment or two here and there, then you don't need an SSD

The simple answer is no, you don't need an SSD and generally when on a tight budget, you should skip the SSD and get it later 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

The SSD is THE most significant speed improvement you will notice over ram and even CPU Speed (depending what you're coming from...). I'd say drop on peripherals, drop on case, drop anything non essential to get that SSD. Drop even on total RAM if you ask me..