79-82 c on gtx 1080 is it normal

joaquin

i recently built my first computer , i noticed that that my 1080 was hovering temps of 79-82 c while playing witcher 3 on the highest settings possible.

I have 2 intake fans in the front of the case, and i have 1 fan at the back of the case that blows the hot air out .

Fanboy Edition? yeah, that's normal. Those thermal throttle at stock

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, joaquin said:

yeah its a fe

Try getting the fan on the card to spin harder if you can and/or raise the temperature limit a bit, since it is probably throttling, seeing as how it's hitting the magic 82 C

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

where can i control the fan on the card ? 

1 minute ago, joaquin said:

where can i control the fan on the card ? 

afterburner... what are you using right now?  Also you may have to flash some stuff to unlock 100% speed... :ph34r:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.