Is discord relevant?

Nautix

So, basically, I wanted to see who was using discord and if discord is really relevant. I've made a rough video describing how to create servers, but them I wondered, who really cares! What do you think about discord and do you think it's relevant?

"1 post"

Are you trying to shill me a service and/or product there fam?

Strange thing to ask, kinda a very vague question too, on whether Discord is relevant.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

I use it for about 3 months, past was years with team-speak. I did notice a few things good about it, and some not so wonderful. Ended up switching back to TS.

2 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

"1 post"

Are you trying to shill me a service and/or product there fam?

Strange thing to ask, kinda a very vague question too, on whether Discord is relevant.

I'm just asking a simple, open question. Take it how you want, but that's how it is.

I have used it a couple times. Definitely worked way better than I expected to. Even better than TS or ventrillo IMHO.

I still prefer setting up my own Mumble/Murmur server, because I can.

When in doubt, re-format.

Me and a few friends jumped to it from Razer Coms a few months ago, and eveything just works, no problems so far

It is pretty relevant. Uses less resources than skype, has more funcionality (voice and chat rooms and text to speech etc.) and just all around looks better

Nothing.

I like discord, but that being said I've only used other platforms once, teamspeak to be more specific. 

I've used most of the "big" ones...Discord, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and Discord is probably the best. I'm not going to sit here and champion it, but it's very competent at what it does, and less obnoxious than Skype.

All of my friends switched over from Skype/TS and I was happy to join them. Add webcam+screenshare support and I have no reason to ever go back. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...