assistance with networking. please help.

Ramke_99

okay so I think this is the right place to ask this question and if it's already been asked can someone direct me there.

I am running Ethernet cable to my PC across my house and would like to know if it is possible to run my ps4 from the second Ethernet port on the PC or if i need to run a second cable from the router. 

the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 and using windows 10 if that makes any difference

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse: Cougar 700m Sound: Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 OS: Windows 10  

thank you that is exactly what i was looking for :)

CPU: intel core i5 6600K Motherboard: gigabyte GA-Z170M gaming 5 RAM: 16Gb corsair vengance LPX 3200 GPU: gigabyte R9-390x  Case: thermaltake v31
Storage: m.2 256 gb samsung 850 evo, m.2 500gb samsung 850 evo,  4tb segate barracuda PSU: thermaltake toughpower 850w gold

Display: ASUS VC239H 23in Widescreen Eyecare LED Gaming Monitor Cooling: Deepcool malestorm 240 Keyboard: Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Z RGB

1 hour ago, Ramke_99 said:

okay so I think this is the right place to ask this question and if it's already been asked can someone direct me there.

I am running Ethernet cable to my PC across my house and would like to know if it is possible to run my ps4 from the second Ethernet port on the PC or if i need to run a second cable from the router. 

the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 and using windows 10 if that makes any difference

You can also use any unmanaged switch. One cable to your router, one cable to your PC, one cable to your PS4.

You can also use any unmanaged switch. One cable to your router, one cable to your PC, one cable to your PS4.

that would be another posibility i would look at if the bridging of the ports became tedious. but if i were to do that I would consider just running a second ethernet cable through the ceiling when I do the first one to the PC as there are still enough ports on the original router. thankyou for the sugestion though :)