HDD crashes: Please help!

Recently, my hard disk drive went through a crash. After rebooting, I discovered that the boot order was wrong and I had to boot to the UEFI drive (which, incidently, was the one that crashed. I don't exactly know what a drive labelled "UEFI" entails). After booting, Windows started up Automatic Repair and took a while before i selected "Exit and boot into Windows 10". It booted fine, but it took nearly 10 minutes total. I can't remember what the error code was. I don't think it's a virus, so is my hard drive failing? Do I need to replace it with an SSD? I don't know what to do, I'm very unsure. Please help!

Do a checkdisk by going to your file explorer-->This PC (In the sidebar) Right click on your HDD-->Properties-->Tools-->Error checking, then reboot. 

This might take some time to complete, and the results will be stored somewhere on your computer (Google checkdisk file location to find where/how) if you don't see the screen as it's going.

I edit my posts a lot.

5 minutes ago, codrx said:

Recently, my hard disk drive went through a crash. After rebooting, I discovered that the boot order was wrong and I had to boot to the UEFI drive (which, incidently, was the one that crashed. I don't exactly know what a drive labelled "UEFI" entails). After booting, Windows started up Automatic Repair and took a while before i selected "Exit and boot into Windows 10". It booted fine, but it took nearly 10 minutes total. I can't remember what the error code was. I don't think it's a virus, so is my hard drive failing? Do I need to replace it with an SSD? I don't know what to do, I'm very unsure. Please help!

Download a program called "CrystalDiskInfo". Select the portable version so you don't have to install anything. After its downloaded, extract the .zip file and run DiskInfo64.exe. Take a screenshot of the SMART status of your Hard Drive.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Hi @codrx!

At this point I agree with the others that the best thing you can do is to run a diagnostic test on the HDD and see what the results will be.

You can use some third party software to do that, like the one @Husky suggested, but IMO it will be best to check if the drive manufacturer provides its own tool to do that, so if you want go in the official website and look if such one is available. For instance, WD has Data Lifeguard Diagnostics:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=BDwZDD

Run the tests and let us know how it went. If you want, upload some screenshots so we can take a look as well. :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/