TP-Link Archer T4U USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

roy12

is TP-Link Archer T4U USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter good?

yeah?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I would recommend it, as long as you plug it into a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port. But during your Operating System Setup be sure to have it unplugged. I have had issues installing windows with wifi adapters still connected.

Just now, waynedud3 said:

I would recommend it, as long as you plug it into a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port. But during your Operating System Setup be sure to have it unplugged. I have had issues installing windows with wifi adapters still connected.

can you make it a little easier for me to understand?

Just now, roy12 said:

can you make it a little easier for me to understand?

Hes saying to leave youre adapter unplugged while you set windows setup unless or you will have problems with it. If you have already done this then you can leave it in the USB port

Just now, SpencerBoughtAnXbox said:

Hes saying to leave youre adapter unplugged while you set windows setup unless or you will have problems with it. If you have already done this then you can leave it in the USB port

so when i first start the computer up i shouldnt plug it in until im done setting up everything?

Just now, SpencerBoughtAnXbox said:

Just as @SpencerBoughtAnXbox said. While installing, leave it unplugged.

I myself have the AC600 T2U. I assume the T4U just comes with more bandwidth or something...

the T2U was plug and play, excellent signal strength, good responsiveness, and was able to do pretty much anything I wanted to do with it. However It was unable to leverage my full bandwidth... But I also have 200Mbps connection, so that isn't really its fault. (I do not recall what my actual max throughput was with the T2U). I use an Ethernet connection now, and its much better than the T2U as far as bandwidth goes. Fairly similar on all other points though.

So to answer your question, yes, that T4U should be good. But it still won't be as good as a wired connection.

Just now, Zyndo said:

I myself have the AC600 T2U. I assume the T4U just comes with more bandwidth or something...

the T2U was plug and play, excellent signal strength, good responsiveness, and was able to do pretty much anything I wanted to do with it. However It was unable to leverage my full bandwidth... But I also have 200Mbps connection, so that isn't really its fault. (I do not recall what my actual max throughput was with the T2U). I use an Ethernet connection now, and its much better than the T2U as far as bandwidth goes. Fairly similar on all other points though.

So to answer your question, yes, that T4U should be good. But it still won't be as good as a wired connection.

imma go with other one just cause i think its better but not saying the one u have is bad i just dont use ethernet cable cause i dont have a master socket in my room xD

Just now, roy12 said:

imma go with other one just cause i think its better but not saying the one u have is bad i just dont use ethernet cable cause i dont have a master socket in my room xD

Master socket? bitch plz I got that cord running across my basement and taped to the floor xD.

But yes, I wasn't telling you to get the T2U, I was just saying that it should perform fairly similarly to that unit, and I have good first hand experience with it. The T4U should be a better unit still, so you should have a good time if you end up purchasing it