My laptop makes EvErYoNe look stupid.

Therealogkush912

Sit down, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy. 

Alright, so i always run malware bytes anti malware and avast antivirus. My mother and I use the computer. I've never had a virus on my computer ever. My mom has had 2. 

-my mom comes to me one day and asks me why my computer won't turn on. I don't know what she's talking about because she's been the one using it. So I turn it on. 

It says," repairing your computer" or some shit like that, and so I wait. Then it goes to a screen that says " a problem has occurred choose from these options". So I choose all the options at different times: restart, bios, recovery. Nothing happens except every other startup the computer loads into the hp logo and the circles are spinning and then.... It freezes. The circles freeze and the PC freezes. 

- this is an hp envy 15t-j1000 notebook- 3 years old bought July 2013. -

I take it to the shop, a certified repair shop, and the guy says there is a bad virus that won't let the PC boot. Says it won't be a problem. So I leave it with him. 

Alright. He calls me the next day, says the virus is gone. PERFECT! PROBLEM SOLVED!

...or naw....

he says he's having some trouble with the computer. He had wiped the computer hard drive because I said that was fine so that he could eradicate the virus. And he did. But in doing that, he wiped the drivers. 

So still no problem, right?

wrong. 

When he went to the hp website to download the drivers for Intel for my PC, they wouldn't work. The PC would crash or some shit every time. So the graphics drivers were fucked. Not good. 

He disabled Intel graphics and only used nvidia graphics. But some updates wouldn't download, and you would have to press the shut down button twice to get the shit shut down. 

the guy did all he could. My PC is back to factory, lame 8.1, with the shut down issue and driver issue, and I have my free install of Windows 10. 

I try to install Windows 10, and it freezes at 26% following a black screen.

so I shut it down and reboot it and it says "reverting back to previous Windows". It does that successfully and says 3 updates were not installed correctly. 

The 3 updates were these:

-definition update for Windows defender

-update for Windows 8.1 for x64 systems

-update for Windows 8.1 for x64 systems

these will not install. 

I am so pissed right now not only that my PC isn't fixed, that I paid 85 dollars to have it half ass fixed, that it is out of warranty and I have to pay a shit ton more to get hp to fix it, that it was working fine and it's a software issue, and that my fucking mom clicks every goddamn pop up in her fucking emails that gave it the fucking virus in the first place.

help. 

Sincerely,

Caleb/Beast Man/OG KUSH

p.s. I don't smoke it just feels right! 

all i can say is if you do get it fixed... download adblock to stop the popups....

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Just clean install windows yourself and save yourself a lot of time?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

*sigh*. 

99% chance he downloaded the drivers from september last year. 
c523785ba4a9e9ec73e749fe01a6f719.png

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I tried all the current drivers and have fresh installed the os many times. 

Shipped it back to hp today so they can fix it. 

Sincerely,

Caleb/Beast Man/OG KUSH

Why wouldn't I download old drivers?

i tried old drivers from 2013 when my laptop came out, tried new drivers from 2016. Doesn't matter. None will download. It's like my integrated gpu just quit on me

Sincerely,

Caleb/Beast Man/OG KUSH