Microphone detected but not detecting sound

Hello all, I have a hyper x cloud 2 headset, and until around 2 days ago, the microphone had been working fine for about a year. It then suddenly stopped working. I have received a replacement microphone but have the same problem, the microphone is detected in the recording devices tab but not detecting any sound. My motherboard is a Z97-A.

Make sure that your mic isn't being hardware muted. Check on the side of the inline control (refer to pic). There should be a little sliding button that will mute your mice. If that doesn't work try to go into your device manager and reinstall your headset's drivers. Hope you work this out! I had the same problem.

hyperx_cloud_2_27.JPG

Current Build ~ "白龍"

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K     Mobo: Asus Z97-A     Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz (2x4GB)     HDD:  WD Caviar Blue 1TB     SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB     GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V      Case: NZXT Noctis 450     PSU: Corsair CX 600W     Mouse: Corsair M60     Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (MX Brown)     IEM: ATH-IM04

4 minutes ago, ZeroGenesis said:

Make sure that your mic isn't being hardware muted. Check on the side of the inline control (refer to pic). There should be a little sliding button that will mute your mice. If that doesn't work try to go into your device manager and reinstall your headset's drivers. Hope you work this out! I had the same problem.hyperxcloudii_1-100586708-orig.png

Thanks for the reply ZeroGenesis, sadly I have tried both of these, but without success

If you can't find any software solution, it might be the connection from the headphone to the mic. If you're still within your warranty you should be able to receive a new one from HyperX.

Current Build ~ "白龍"

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K     Mobo: Asus Z97-A     Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz (2x4GB)     HDD:  WD Caviar Blue 1TB     SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB     GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V      Case: NZXT Noctis 450     PSU: Corsair CX 600W     Mouse: Corsair M60     Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (MX Brown)     IEM: ATH-IM04

2 hours ago, Motskeihelp said:

Hello all, I have a hyper x cloud 2 headset, and until around 2 days ago, the microphone had been working fine for about a year. It then suddenly stopped working. I have received a replacement microphone but have the same problem, the microphone is detected in the recording devices tab but not detecting any sound. My motherboard is a Z97-A.

are you on a pc or laptop? If you're on a laptop maybe check that the built in speakers/mic are able to detect sound?

1 minute ago, SeamusFrederick said:

are you on a pc or laptop? If you're on a laptop maybe check that the built in speakers/mic are able to detect sound?

I am on a desktop, I have attempted to use a different headset in the computer, and the microphone worked, so I guess the headset itself has a problem. Thanks for the reply!