Headset USB AMP/DAC

Callum1243

Hey guys 

Im looking for a  good usb amp/dac for a headset. I was looking into the Fiio Olympus E10 , but i does not support

a microphone jack. Do you guys have any opinions on good quality headset amp/dacs that has headphone and microphone or headphone microphone combo port

- Thanks Callum  

Which headset are you currently using? It's probably not worth it to spend $60+ on a AMP/DAC when your headphones aren't really that good to begin with. And to be honest, most headsets aren't.

But if you have bad onboard audio, maybe use something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Steel-Series-5H-V2-USB-7-1-SOUND-CARD-/251131942699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a78a1572b

THE signature

If you have a headset, it's not worth putting money in to. Either way, you don't need to plug the microphone into the amp/dac, just plug it into the mobo.

Which headset are you currently using? It's probably not worth it to spend $60+ on a AMP/DAC when your headphones aren't really that good to begin with. And to be honest, most headsets aren't.

But if you have bad onboard audio, maybe use something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Steel-Series-5H-V2-USB-7-1-SOUND-CARD-/251131942699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a78a1572b

yeah im using the kraken pro's, but the reason for getting an amp is due to i cant find the "Disable Rear Audio When Front Audio Jack Is Used" or something like that, i cant seem to find it under the realtek settings. It was either this or constantly switching between the front and rear audio ports. 

yeah im using the kraken pro's, but the reason for getting an amp is due to i cant find the "Disable Rear Audio When Front Audio Jack Is Used" or something like that, i cant seem to find it under the realtek settings. It was either this or constantly switching between the front and rear audio ports.

So throwing money at something isn't the smartest idea. It's in a sound setting device somewhere in the software or windows.

Make sure everything is up to date.

If you're having a problem with software, let us help you with that instead of throwing money at new hardware.

Why do you need to use the front audio ports at all? 

If you're having a problem with software, let us help you with that instead of throwing money at new hardware.

Why do you need to use the front audio ports at all? 

I have my 2 monitors set up to the rear audio out, so when i plug the front audio in it doesn't disable the rear audio meaning there is still sound coming out of my monitor. I looked in the realtek audio settings under the advanced option. And how would i update the realtek, is it on the website or is it on the motherboard website? 

I have my 2 monitors set up to the rear audio out, so when i plug the front audio in it doesn't disable the rear audio meaning there is still sound coming out of my monitor. I looked in the realtek audio settings under the advanced option. And how would i update the realtek, is it on the website or is it on the motherboard website? 

You can get Realtek drivers from both Realtek's website (recommended) and your motherboard manufacturer's website. If you have problems with one, try the other.

Let us know if new drivers changes anything.

Either or.

You can get Realtek drivers from both Realtek's website (recommended) and your motherboard manufacturer's website. If you have problems with one, try the other.

Let us know if new drivers changes anything.

i have just updated my drivers from the realtek website but im still getting the same problem  with the realtek options, under advanced. http://imgur.com/SHDVzUj This is all i am getting when i go into the advanced tab 

Maybe try the opposite of this?

yeah i dont have that option if you look at the photo, thats why im really puzzled :P