How do I use my phone as access point?

Go to solution Solved by desertcomputer,
Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

Because I want to. Bro

Go outside and play some Pokemon go 

- I would respect your father policies as he is paying for internet access unless you want to pay for house/rent/bills/internet. 

My PCs Mac Adress is blocked after 2am. What do I need to do to route the signal from my phone to my PC. Yes,  my phone still has access

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Why not just try and figure out why it's getting blocked?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why not just try and figure out why it's getting blocked?

My dad.... 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Even if you used your phone as an access point and connected your PC to that, your MAC address would still be blocked. 

If you're wanting to actually make it look like your phone is making the connection and the PC is just controlling it, then you'd need software to remotely control the phone. However, it's not going to just be a passthrough for your PC. 

My dad.... 

Well why you still on your computer at 2am in morning son 

Magical Pineapples

My dad.... 

If that's your dad's decision, then I don't want to interfere with that. I recommend that you respect his policy and get some sleep.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Well why you still on your computer at 2am in morning son 

Because I want to. Bro

3.Use

Well I know Ubuntu offers a way to make the device show a different MAC address built right into the settings; no need for any weird tools.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Even if you used your phone as an access point and connected your PC to that, your MAC address would still be blocked. 

If you're wanting to actually make it look like your phone is making the connection and the PC is just controlling it, then you'd need software to remotely control the phone. However, it's not going to just be a passthrough for your PC. 

I assume he means he wants to just use the phone as a hotspot and browse on mobile data.  If his MAC is blocked in the router, how would that be relevant? 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

iOS or Android

Well,  I knew that but I hope people got the gist of what I meant. Obviously you got it. Is there any easy/quick possibly both way to do it? 

3.Use

Because I want to. Bro

Go outside and play some Pokemon go 

- I would respect your father policies as he is paying for internet access unless you want to pay for house/rent/bills/internet. 

Magical Pineapples

Well I know Ubuntu offers a way to make the device show a different MAC address built right into the settings; no need for any weird tools.

I assume he means he wants to just use the phone as a hotspot and browse on mobile data.  If his MAC is blocked in the router, how would that be relevant? 

I think it is the max Adress. I am not sure. It is just set up in the fritz box as block me after 2:00. 

3.Use

Just now, IAmLamp said:

iOS or Android

Android. Already routed if that helps any bit. 

3.Use

Ah, I was going off the assumption he wanted to use the phone as an access point for the existing network. 

For mobile data, that's easy. Most modern smartphones have the function built in at stock now. 

2 minutes ago, failblox said:

If that's your dad's decision, then I don't want to interfere with that. I recommend that you respect his policy and get some sleep.

But I am 18 years old and I finished secondary school...  Yes I should talk to him and that is what my friend always tells me but... I'll stop here. Your right that is actually my problem.

3.Use

2 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Android. Already routed if that helps any bit. 

I would help if I had decent experience with that OS, I can't remember much of anything about it anymore. Sorry :\

Ah, I was going off the assumption he wanted to use the phone as an access point for the existing network. 

For mobile data, that's easy. Most modern smartphones have the function built in at stock now. 

Yea but i don't think phone has function to router wifi traffic. 

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I want to finish is a download and I have no data/only 300mb a way. The Hotspot think is easy. I know how to do that. 

3.Use

I guess I will go to bed and talk to him tomorrow. 

3.Use