Crossfire question

Lonewolf33651

No, you can use the multi gpu thingie prob(not really sure abut it)

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Not crossfire,  as you need the same gpu,  but ypu could use it in dx 12 games that support EMA

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

If they are the same Architecture they can crossfire.

You can crossfire only within the same chip family, so if you have a HD7950, HD7970, and R9 280, those would work.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

for amd yes you can nvidia no, so yes you can crossfire but both card will act like they are both now R9 270X cards now since it will always be running at the slowest cards speed and spec

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

8 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

for amd yes you can nvidia no, so yes you can crossfire but both card will act like they are both now R9 270X cards now since it will always be running at the slowest cards speed and spec

I don't think it would work as the 280x is from the tahiti family and the 270x is from the Curaçao XT (Pitcairn) family group. The GPUs that I listed are the ones that I personally tested and I know would works with the 280x.

Also Nvidia is pickier when it comes to SLI, as they don't even let you mix RAM size.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

5 minutes ago, YubinTheBunny said:

I don't think it would work as the 280x is from the tahiti family and the 270x is from the Curaçao XT (Pitcairn) family group. The GPUs that I listed are the ones that I personally tested and I know would works with the 280x.

Also Nvidia is pickier when it comes to SLI, as they don't even let you mix RAM size.

oh my bad i didn't realize that both cards were from different architectures, when you said family i thought you ment the R9 family but nvm brain fart moment.  for the cards you listed above aren't all of them from the Hawaii and tahiti architecture 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

oh my bad i didn't realize that both cards were from different architectures, when you said family i thought you ment the R9 family but nvm brain fart moment.  for the cards you listed above aren't all of them from the Hawaii architecture 

The R9 280 cards (Except the R9 285) are just refreshes of the 7950 and the 7970 which is based on the Tahiti core. So if the op really wants to crossfire he could probably get a cheap second hand 7970 and crossfire that. I can understand the confusion as it's pretty hard to tell what AMD is rehashing and what is new sometimes. That's why I prefer to call them by their codenames instead.

Build