Looking for new in-ear headphones

Kirya

Hey i'm kinda lost and looking for more advice,

I'm looking for new in-ear headphones,

For my price range, i found out that the sennheiser momentum are a good choice but they don't look so nice to me.

I have other choice in my head but i'm waiting for you to tell me what you would go for around 100€

Ty for reading !

Gratz from france

hey @Dackzy sorry to notify you  ! I've spend the last few hours reading old post on the audio section and found you on them quite a lot !

I do have a question about my post up there, i was also looking about classic headphone, but i mainly listen to music outside and at work (i like to not hear anything from outside, and feld that the in-ear that came with my LG G4 was okay for that). Also I don't have enough to look for NC headphone / in-ear headphone.

So my question is (in addition to the one to the top) : do you have any recommendation for me ? (beside the m50x that everyone is bragging about everywhere (i do like the design but appart from that i tend to be carefull about things that get to much publicity (big up Dre)

Thank you if you read me and take the time to answer

Night guys !

I am trying to be like a rare pokemon right now, I will only show up sometime and wreck people. xDxD 

Can this wait until tomorrow? If I am not in here again before 13 o'clock then mention me again.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

For your budget, I'd probably go for the Shure SE215 or the Audio-Technica ATH-IM50.

I've become enamored with balanced armature lately but not many good BA in-ears around that pricepoint so *shrug*

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Thank you for answering,

So what are your daily headphones @Pomfinator ? What would you recommend (no matter the price) 

36 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

For your budget, I'd probably go for the Shure SE215 or the Audio-Technica ATH-IM50.

I've become enamored with balanced armature lately but not many good BA in-ears around that pricepoint so *shrug*

You are aware that neither of the IEMs that you mentioned are BA, right? Both are dynamic...

@OP, I've heard good things about the RHA 750 series, which I believe is right around $100.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

13 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

You are aware that neither of the IEMs that you mentioned are BA, right? Both are dynamic...

@OP, I've heard good things about the RHA 750 series, which I believe is right around $100.

Was it that confusing? I wanted to recommend BA's but most BA's are out of that price so I didn't.  Sorry if that seemed to confuse you.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

well pomfinator already came with the same I would have said, but I will say thise, if you like treble and want good treble stay away from the 215s then, they do not have very good highs (treble)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Ok. I've also never had something else than the ones coming with my phones so that will already be a huge upgrade. Tak for your time guys ! I'll look at those after work.

Also im not in a hurry and i could wait for a good deal at higher price so what would you recommend ? Also what about the best choice for me between in-ear and classical headphones ? 

Gonna be a little different and recommend the TFZ Series 5 IEM's, excellent value for money (you can check out the even cheaper TFZ Series 1 and 3). I've been reading some good things about the Series 5 over at SBAF and even in the local audio forums in my neck of the woods. Series 1 and 3 are pretty bassy from what I've been told, the Series 5 does pack a punch, but more controlled/tighter.

TFZ Series 1 - http://penonaudio.com/TFZ-SERIES-1 (quite a few nice shell designs and colors to choose from)

TFZ Series 3 - http://penonaudio.com/TFZ-SERIES-3

TFZ Series 5 - http://penonaudio.com/TFZ-SERIES-5

Remember, these are budget Chinese made IEM's that are great value for money but no detachable cables (heard Series 2 will have detachable cable, but they're not out yet), but pretty good soundwise as they punch above their weight class.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Okay thanks a lot, i'm still taking my time and can't make a decision ! Also thinking about headphones (by the way, how can you difference in ear/out ear headphones and headphones (like the m50x) when someone is just writing done "headphones" ? we do have two words for that in french :D)

@Dackzy

59 minutes ago, Kirya said:

Okay thanks a lot, i'm still taking my time and can't make a decision ! Also thinking about headphones (by the way, how can you difference in ear/out ear headphones and headphones (like the m50x) when someone is just writing done "headphones" ? we do have two words for that in french :D)

@Dackzy

Normally when people just write headphones they mean over ear like m50x and dt770. Normally people write IEM or in ear headphones or headset if they want in ear headphones or in ear headset.

Headphones= no mic

Headset= mic

Well I would look at the Audio-Technica ATH-IM50, they kinda have the same problem as the m50x and that is no soundstage.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-driver-in-ear-monitor-headphones

The ones gamerdude linked to, seem pretty interresting to me.

series 1 http://www.head-fi.org/products/tfz-series-1/reviews/16094

I could not find anything on the other series.

Also the soundmagic e80, I have heard a lot of good things about them and I have a audiophile friend that loves them and he is pretty picky, the biggest con is that you cannot change the cable.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-e80-in-ear-monitor-headphone/reviews/13331

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777574/soundmagic-e80-review-by-mark2410

Just now, Kirya said:

That was all I needed ! Mange tak @Dackzy

Also thank you for the precision :)

oh shit Danish god damn :D (google translate?)

Well no problem m8 

Just now, Dackzy said:

oh shit Danish god damn :D (google translate?)

Well no problem m8 

I went to Denmark for three month last summer :D I can barely remember anything beside hej hej and tak (and blond girls)

Just now, Kirya said:

I went to Denmark for three month last summer :D I can barely remember anything beside hej hej and tak (and blond girls)

kek, yeah there is a lot of blond girls here... I hope that you had a good time

I only have good memories from this country ! I was thinking getting back there for a week or two soon :) You guys are really great, nice and welcoming people ! Coming back to Paris was terrible after that

Just now, Kirya said:

I only have good memories from this country ! I was thinking getting back there for a week or two soon :) You guys are really great, nice and welcoming people ! Coming back to Paris was terrible after that

I am glad to hear that :) 

Wow i really love the design of the E80 and there is quite a good offer at 80€ ! Looks good to me

4 minutes ago, Kirya said:

Wow i really love the design of the E80 and there is quite a good offer at 80€ ! Looks good to me

Glad that I could help ( I also like them )