Laptop GPU temperature

baloonis

Greetings. I have a Toshiba laptop with Intel core i3 4005U @ 1,7 GHz and GPU AMD ATI Radeon R7 M260 2MB.

Speccy shows an insane GPU temperature of 511 degrees celcius.

GPU-Z shows no temperature.

What is going on? Thanks in advance.

laptop_gpu_temp.JPG

laptop_gpu_temp_1.JPG

laptop_gpu_temp_2.JPG

laptop_gpu_temp_3.JPG

Seek and you shall find.

Funny story, i have owned 3 AMD CPU's and 5 GPU's
3 CPU's and 2 GPU all had broken temperature sensors in them. one of my CPU's used to run at -3c on stock cooler ;)

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

5 minutes ago, matto97 said:

Funny story, i have owned 3 AMD CPU's and 5 GPU's
3 CPU's and 2 GPU all had broken temperature sensors in them. one of my CPU's used to run at -3c on stock cooler ;)

wow

Seek and you shall find.

1 minute ago, baloonis said:

wow

Also 4 of the GPU's bricked them selves threw auto driver updates, but thats a whole different story #NvidiaMasterRace

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Oh no.

@baloonis Use DDU to obliterate drivers and reinstall them. 

I am not familiar with this procedure. Should I try it or contact my technician?

Seek and you shall find.

4 minutes ago, baloonis said:

I am not familiar with this procedure. Should I try it or contact my technician?

Try it. Download DDU from the Guru3D website and run it in safe mode (the program boots into safe mode for you) and remember to uninstall the right drivers (there are only 3 companies to uninstall drivers for). 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Speccy has an unfortunate history of incorrect temperatures. I have some Llano APUs that idle at -17 C on there. Try AIDA64.