Overclocking a Phenom II x6 to cushion a bottleneck.

First things first, I want more power if I can tap into it without hurting anything, I do NOT need to to Overclock. I am perfectly happy with lower detail settings until I build my 2011 v-3 system in a few months, might wait for Black Friday since it's not super far around the corner. 

Bit of a backstory. GPU Died, Family friend found a 780 stuffed away (freaking awesome, massive upgrade over my old GPU), Do research and find out Power Supply is a nightmare machine and probably killed my old GPU. New GPU/PSU coming on the 29th. 
750w. CX750M corsair
System recommended, 700w.  
CPU AMD Phenom II 1055t Thuban x6 2.8ghz. 
Motherboard, ASRock 890FX Deluxe 5
Zalaman 120mm 2 ball bearing Air Cooler. 

Yes, I know. Air cooling is not ideal for Overclocking. 25% load, 29 Celsius. 100% load, I haven't payed attention to 100% load temps in months, last I remember was at 42 Celsius. 
100% Fan Speed all the time, all my fans run 100% as I have no Air Conditioning. 

How far can I go, safely. I don't want to harm my chip, but is there any untapped potential I can access without screwing things up or should I just live with the Bottleneck? As I said, I don't have a problem with lower detail settings. I play Black Desert Online at minimum on 1080p and enjoy the hell out of it. 

Linus mentioned overclocking the 780 in one of his 780 videos. That is out of the question since my CPU will bottleneck the 780, right? 

Honestly that cpu isnt to much worse than an FX 6300. Should be just fine with a slight OC. I dont know how well those things clock but if 3.3 or something is possible on it then go for it. 780 isnt really that impressive of a gpu anymore its basically a 970, which arent to hard to run either, nvidia gpus have very low cpu overhead so it should do just fine with it.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

i have the same CPU and at 3.3Ghz it matches an FX 6100 at stock speeds, so not to bad and it will play BF4 fine provided you pair it with a good GPU. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

lol black desert online is a pretty good game, but i dont really like it since its not my type of game. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

lol black desert online is a pretty good game, but i dont really like it since its not my type of game. 

I like the combat, but I'm still only level 50. I tend to play one game for a couple of days, move onto the next and return when I'm into it. 

1 minute ago, Techkalakosis said:

I like the combat, but I'm still only level 50. I tend to play one game for a couple of days, move onto the next and return when I'm into it. 

lol the game for some reason reminds me of that anime Sword art online, and also reminds me of my childhood game Free Realms 

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

lol the game for some reason reminds me of that anime Sword art online, and also reminds me of my childhood game Free Realms 

My childhood was Runescape and a trash not very massive RPG called Last Chaos. I regret my 6k hours in that game. 
I just can't wait to get back into Warframe. I was waiting so long for U19, then boom. GPU is dead days before the release. 

11 minutes ago, Techkalakosis said:

My childhood was Runescape and a trash not very massive RPG called Last Chaos. I regret my 6k hours in that game. 
I just can't wait to get back into Warframe. I was waiting so long for U19, then boom. GPU is dead days before the release. 

that sucks, but dont you have the GTX 780 now? 

On 7/18/2016 at 0:51 AM, glitchmaster0001 said:

that sucks, but dont you have the GTX 780 now? 

It will be here Friday, the GPU to safely power it will be here on the 29th. 

Just a couple things, a cpu bottleneck won't get better with low details, you can crank them up, especially with a 780. It is the framerate (technically the draw calls, but that is related to the framerate) is the limiting factor. Crank the details and that alone will minimize the bottleneck, try dsr as well cuz why not?

And also, air cooling is fine for overclocking so long as your cooler is up to it. 

Finally, 3.3 ghz would probably be the highest oc you could achieve. I've heard that amd didn't leave a whole lot of headroom for overclocking on phenom ii's. 

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB