Help Computer Wont Power On

matto97

ok so I just got home from work and pressed the power button but nothing happened. The lights on my headset turned on but nothing happened no fans HDD or any thing. I opened the computer and when I press the power buttons the fans start to spin for a split second but stop. It was working perfectly fine this morning. Please help

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

What type of PSU do you have? How old is it?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

What type of PSU do you have? How old is it?

EVGA Supernova 850 G2 and about a year old.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

2 minutes ago, matto97 said:

EVGA Supernova 850 G2 and about a year old.

Do you have a second PSU around that you can test with?

And before we tear your PC apart, check and make sure none of the plugs in back came loose. Firmly into the wall, firmly into the PC, etc.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Do you have a second PSU around that you can test with?

And before we tear your PC apart, check and make sure none of the plugs in back came loose. Firmly into the wall, firmly into the PC, etc.

no not at all and all plugs are fine. Like freaking out

Next step for me would be checking all the motherboard connections, making sure everything is plugged in firmly. Are you getting any beep codes? Any LEDs staying on while the PC is down?

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Next step for me would be checking all the motherboard connections, making sure everything is plugged in firmly. Are you getting any beep codes? Any LEDs staying on while the PC is down?

there is a red led next to the 24pin that I don't remember being there. I could be wrong though as I don't remember if its always there on not.

1 minute ago, matto97 said:

there is a red led next to the 24pin that I don't remember being there. I could be wrong though as I don't remember if its always there on not.

I don't see any LED next to the 24-pin. Are we talking about the mobo in your signature here, or a different one?

Crap, I need to get to bed. Here are my suggested steps, in order. Sorry I can't stick around:

-Look in your manual to find out what any LED that turns on means, including the one by your 24-pin. If that tells you how to solve it, you know which way to go.

-Check every single connection. Unplug and plug everything back in, making sure it's secure. Give your GPU some gentle pressure just to make sure it's snug, but nothing too crazy as this is almost certainly not your problem.

-If you still don't have a clean boot, disconnect everything from your motherboard and power supply except your CPU, GPU and one stick of RAM. Try booting with that.

If none of those work, my instinct would be a motherboard problem.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I don't see any LED next to the 24-pin. Are we talking about the mobo in your signature here, or a different one?

mono on sig, when its turned of I cant see an led ether but there's defiantly a light source I will post a pic 1 sec

Unplug the computer from the wall for a minute yet?

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

1 minute ago, Cracklingice said:

Unplug the computer from the wall for a minute yet?

yeah done that.

and @aisle9 my phone wont let me upload a pic

I think I got it. I cleared the cmos and its booting atm. Will update soon

That's what I was about to suggest next, but I was busy checking the manual to try to find post codes and such.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

18 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

That's what I was about to suggest next, but I was busy checking the manual to try to find post codes and such.

Ok operational again. scared the life out of me but all g now. still dont know why it happened