Should I combine a newer version with an older version or will it forever bug me?

Xiauj

Hello all :) ,

I just wanted to ask something regarding my monitor setup which I'm planning alongside my PC Build which I hope to get in the next few months up towards Christmas and/or the new year of 2017.

So at the moment, I'm using a Samsung U28D590D (http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/it/monitor/uhd-monitor/LU28D590DS/ZN) monitor and I was looking as of recently to see if they are still being sold because I've have this one for nearly what, 2? ish years. So, I decide to look online and Hey! BINGO! They are discontinued >:( 

Here's a source to show that they are indeed, discontinued:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IJS6PCC/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me= <- Amazon UK Product & Info Page:

Notice how they mention this?: https://gyazo.com/0b15c780decb6a1ea4e1a1603afa1209

https://gyazo.com/9e2c1bc4901171e7d69d8b52f62dbe04 <- Seller is NOT Amazon-UK.

I purchased mine for roughly, £420 (Not from Amazon, a local store which I don't think sells it either) by the way.

Ok so what I'm trying to say is that, they no longer do my model but they do have the newer model (as shown above) U28E590D, what differences are there because like, I want a triple monitor setup but another thing is,

should I use 1x Old Model and 2x New Model? :/ Because, such little differences will forever bug me and I don't want that and I assume you don't either because, it can get annoying. Right? Yup.

Another thing which I need to ask is, does anyone know a triple monitor arm/stand for 3x 28" monitors? Preferably one that's not over £200 or something ridiculous lol xD

So, opinions?

It's either this or I just get 3x new monitors entirely which I would prefer not to do because I won't get much profit in return for the current U28D590D monitor that I have on say.. eBay or whatever. So yeah, it's worth keeping in my humble opinion.

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

Oh and I nearly forgot, the GPU powering the [SAID_MONITOR_SETUP] will be a GTX 1080 alongside a 5820k (X99 Chipset) Haswell-E CPU !!

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

11 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Hello all :) ,

I just wanted to ask something regarding my monitor setup which I'm planning alongside my PC Build which I hope to get in the next few months up towards Christmas and/or the new year of 2017.

So at the moment, I'm using a Samsung U28D590D (http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/it/monitor/uhd-monitor/LU28D590DS/ZN) monitor and I was looking as of recently to see if they are still being sold because I've have this one for nearly what, 2? ish years. So, I decide to look online and Hey! BINGO! They are discontinued >:( 

Here's a source to show that they are indeed, discontinued:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IJS6PCC/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me= <- Amazon UK Product & Info Page:

Notice how they mention this?: https://gyazo.com/0b15c780decb6a1ea4e1a1603afa1209

https://gyazo.com/9e2c1bc4901171e7d69d8b52f62dbe04 <- Seller is NOT Amazon-UK.

I purchased mine for roughly, £420 (Not from Amazon, a local store which I don't think sells it either) by the way.

Ok so what I'm trying to say is that, they no longer do my model but they do have the newer model (as shown above) U28E590D, what differences are there because like, I want a triple monitor setup but another thing is,

should I use 1x Old Model and 2x New Model? :/ Because, such little differences will forever bug me and I don't want that and I assume you don't either because, it can get annoying. Right? Yup.

Another thing which I need to ask is, does anyone know a triple monitor arm/stand for 3x 28" monitors? Preferably one that's not over £200 or something ridiculous lol xD

So, opinions?

It's either this or I just get 3x new monitors entirely which I would prefer not to do because I won't get much profit in return for the current U28D590D monitor that I have on say.. eBay or whatever. So yeah, it's worth keeping in my humble opinion.

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

Oh and I nearly forgot, the GPU powering the [SAID_MONITOR_SETUP] will be a GTX 1080 alongside a 5820k (X99 Chipset) Haswell-E CPU !!

nope, max I have seen is a triple 27" but I suggest you diy something 

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Get 3 144hz monitors instead!

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

1 minute ago, SLIClocker said:

Only if you are gaming but if you are editing and stuff then you should get 3 ultrawides!

Peripherals:

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

56 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

nope, max I have seen is a triple 27" but I suggest you diy something 

Err what? What are you referring to?

Need to be a lot more specific..

(Quote what I originally said ;))

33 minutes ago, SLIClocker said:

32 minutes ago, SLIClocker said:

Only if you are gaming but if you are editing and stuff then you should get 3 ultrawides!

3x UltraWides was and still is one type of idea yeah, but the thing is, how much will it cost and can my GPU handle Single monitor gaming as well as Triple monitor gaming?

Keep in mind, AIR Cooling for the whole rig is going to be included, not water cooling.

But guys,

1 hour ago, Xiauj said:

I don't want the 28" that I have, to go to waste.

Opinions guys?

• New and Old to be combined?
  • Or do I just say Goodbye and get a new:
    • 3x 144Hz Monitors setup
    • Or........
    • 3x UltraWide monitors
    • OR.......
    • 2x New Model setup (U28E590D) to combine with 1x Old Model (U28D590D)

And for how much?

Please reply/refer with the monitor that you are talking about also, would be very helpful!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT :

Oh and to answer @SLIClocker 's other comment,

I will be doing Gaming, Modelling, Video/Photo editing and Development.

For Gaming that includes:

• Single monitor gaming for certain games, not all of them.
  • As well as........
  • Triple monitor gaming for certain games, not all of them.

45 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

I have not seens any 28"" triple monitor stands so you will need to diy one,

and if your on a budget get 2x new model to combine

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

27 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

I have not seens any 28"" triple monitor stands so you will need to diy one,

and if your on a budget get 2x new model to combine

Oh you were talking about the stand, I see :P

Ok sweet! Thanks Julian5!

Get 3 LG 25UM58's Ultrawides Because they have great response times and they can run at 75hz! where as 4K can only run 60hz max! I got mine for $250 AUD so probably around $150/$170 US Trust me it is worth it and yes a Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1080 "Your Card" can definitely run this setup easy!

Peripherals: