Games crash after 30 min of gameplay, need help

So recently I posted here with the issue that Nvidia's 368.39 driver is complete dog shit and would crash any game I would run on my fresh i5/1070/Win 10 build, rendering it useless except for browsing the web. They recently released a more "stable" driver on 7/6/16 which fixed a few problems I was having, which was instead of my games crashing after 5-15 min of gameplay they now only crashed at about 30 min of gameplay exactly, and instead of the "Display Driver 368.39 has stopped working and successfully recovered" notification appearing after the crash, now it only shows up sometimes and when it doesn't a usual error message shows up from the game itself.

Basically I don't know if the problem is in my hardware or my software, I've been led to believe it's the software (i.e. the drivers for my 1070) as all my games run butter smooth with no inconsistencies until the 30 min mark when they crash without warning, and because MSI Afterburner doesn't show any irregularities in my card prior to and after said crashes, besides the complete drop in usage of it which is only there for about 4-6 seconds due to the game crashing and it ceasing to be used.

Still, I'd rather make sure that the problem is either in the hardware or the software, any help would be greatly appreciated to solve this mess as it would finally let me use my $1300 rig that's been collecting dust, as playing games with 30 min intervals of crashing isn't so much fun, plz help would appreciate it greatly.

(for those interested here is the game during the crash on MSI Afterburner, it looks like this for any game but this was specifically Witcher 3)

nDOVozK.png

the man of flan, otherwise known as dan.

bump, help would be greatly appreciated

You're running a overclock without adding voltage or increasing the power limit. That's why you're crashing. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Really? I increased the power limit to max a while ago to try and help it but didn't increase the voltage as I'm not well versed in what Core Voltage is or what it does.

What do you recommend for the Voltage setting then? I didn't want to increase it all the way and fry my card or something (if that can even happen, as said not well versed in overclocking)

Max the voltage. You can't hurt a card adding voltage using the stock bios. 

But it you can also try using the latest drivers. I never had a problem with .39 and still use it for that reason. Awesome driver.

Also make sure that you are completely up to date on your windows updates. Being behind can cause a hep of problems.

can confirm am ahead on Windows Updates and just downloaded the 7/14/16 driver with the same issues occurring, but I'll max core voltage and see what happens, thanks for the help!

4 minutes ago, AutistcGiraffe said:

can confirm am ahead on Windows Updates and just downloaded the 7/14/16 driver with the same issues occurring, but I'll max core voltage and see what happens, thanks for the help!

If anything else is overclock there is an extremely rare chance that the 1070 destabilized another overclock. Less than a 1 percent chance but it's there. Hope it works out for you.

So I tried to adjust the Core Voltage and the slider wouldn't budge, even went into the settings to enable it but it wouldn't let me mess with it at all, is my 1070's Voltage locked or can I adjust it if I download EVGA Precision?

You have to enable the voltage adjustment  in the MSI afterburner settings. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

You have to enable the voltage adjustment  in the MSI afterburner settings. 

16 minutes ago, AutistcGiraffe said:

even went into the settings to enable it 

Did so, but yet it won't let me adjust it at all, for reference I have the FE 1070 but idk if that has anything to do with it.

Is the Voltage locked on the 1070 or something? 

I'm not aware of the FE being voltage locked, but I guess it's possible. Try PrecisionX.

Just did that and it's locked in PrecisionX also, really hope the Voltage isn't locked for this card.