Massdrop x AKG K7XX ? Do they fit my needs ?

Hey Guys.
For a long time i was set on purchasing a pair of ATH-M50X headphones for my first high-end and overall premium experience setup.
I've seen many reviews on those headphones celebrating them and congratulating those who bought them so i was extremely sure they would fit my needs to any extent possible. my high-end new setup will allow me to game with maximum graphics and an overall beautiful experience, i also am addicted to electronic music (Trap,Progressive House etc.) so i was definitely excited to get one of those over-ear premium headphones.
But for the last 1-2 months i've been getting many bad reviews on them and so many people have told me to go open-back over-ear that i couldn't get the M50X and had to consider a different headset for myself.
Many people recommended the Massdrop AKG K7XX headphones because of how comfortable they are (long use), Soundstage (Gaming - Movies) and decent Bass (EDM) but some people say they are definitely not be used for electronic music and streaming and more for some 5.1 gaming and clean accurate mixing-mastering.
My question is are AKG K7XX compatible and sound good with electronic music ? and are they also good with my other uses (Gaming,Movies,Streaming,Comfort) ? 

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

I can't answer the electronic music part, as I do not listen to them. However, I can give you input on other uses you mentioned.

I use AKG K712 Pro whenever I need to use headphone as my go-to headphone. It can be used for long sessions without problems even for a glasses wearer (I wear glasses). It also has great sound stage so it can go well with games that have good audio engine with good positional audio (this is NOT same thing as surround sound). Speaking of surround sound, or in this case "Virtual" surround, it is generally not recommended unless you REALLY like that virtual surround more than game engine's positional audio.

You should not have any problems for streaming unless you are playing any sound that is on the level that will hurt your hearing. But I think it is a good idea to try out your mic (I don't know what you use, as you have not disclosed) with any cheapo open-backed headphone to see if you will have sound leak/feedback issue.

They have decent bass, but it isn't boosted; there is also a lack of deeper bass extension compared to some closed headphones or more expensive open models.

The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm might be a little better if impactful bass is a top priority.

2 hours ago, SSL said:

They have decent bass, but it isn't boosted; there is also a lack of deeper bass extension compared to some closed headphones or more expensive open models.

The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm might be a little better if impactful bass is a top priority.

For open-back i will go with the AKG one's but i also want to get closed-black and wireless down the road.
So while putting the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm's against the ATH-M50X, which one would you say are more comfortable and overall sound better for electronic music ?

3 hours ago, DaisyCarnival said:

For open-back i will go with the AKG one's but i also want to get closed-black and wireless down the road.
So while putting the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm's against the ATH-M50X, which one would you say are more comfortable and overall sound better for electronic music ?

DT770, no contest when it comes to comfort, the m50 are shit in that department. Not sure about the better sound for electronic music

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.