PSA - Turkish Government being attacked by Turkish Military. Tanks and soldiers in Instanbul

AlTech
24 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I haven't followed this since the night it happened, now I'm 99% sure this was staged as a power play for Erdogan to try and become a dictator.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/opinions/turkish-coup-erdogan-winning-ghitis/index.html

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that Erdogan planned the whole thing.

But I could believe that he manipulated a faction of his enemies into believing they could pull off a coup. Making it seem like he was weak and vulnerable. Perhaps making it seem like certain members of the military or government would support the coup. And then at the last moment, after it's too late to back out, they realize they never had a chance.

That I could believe.

We may never truly know what happened and how Erdogan was involved though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that Erdogan planned the whole thing.

But I could believe that he manipulated a faction of his enemies into believing they could pull off a coup. Making it seem like he was weak and vulnerable. Perhaps making it seem like certain members of the military or government would support the coup. And then at the last moment, after it's too late to back out, they realize they never had a chance.

That I could believe.

We may never truly know what happened and how Erdogan was involved though.

I can't see that being the case since it's only been 5 days and they have already detained, fired, or suspended around 60,000 people within the government. Of those they detained 36% of the judiciary branch within 24 hours. You can't arrest numbers like that within that short of a timespan without some sort of involvement in it beforehand.

Just now, imreloadin said:

I can't see that being the case since it's only been 5 days and they have already detained, fired, or suspended around 60,000 people within the government. Of those they detained 36% of the judiciary branch within 24 hours. You can't arrest numbers like that within that short of a timespan without some sort of involvement in it beforehand.

As I said, he might have manipulated another faction to strike, and he very well might have known it was coming. But I'm not yet convinced that he orchestrated the whole coup.

I think he's been planning for this type of situation for years, though. He obviously had many of those arrest and fire lists prepared ahead of time.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)