Graphics Card Upgrade Question

Andy1903

Hey everyone,

Was wondering what would be a suitable upgrade from the Asus 760 DirectCU II. Looking for 1080p on high/ultra at as close to 144 consistent frames. 

Any suggestions welcome. 

Thanks in advance, Andy :)

a 1070 would do 1080p 144 quite nicely

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

used 980ti, rx 480, 1070. depends on ur budget.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

As low as possible for budget preferably but if there is s big performance and future proofing then I'd pay more. Thanks for fast response :)

5 minutes ago, Andy1903 said:

As low as possible for budget preferably but if there is s big performance and future proofing then I'd pay more. Thanks for fast response :)

if the rx 480 finally drops down in price to 200 usd, its the best u can get for ur money. If you want future proofing, go for a 1070 / 1080, they'll both be plenty for the next couple years. (GTX 780 still is killer).

For 1080p i would go for the rx 480. Low price and will do just fine in 99% of the games out there. You will have to crank down settings  in some AAA games to get to 144 fps.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

9 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

if the rx 480 finally drops down in price to 200 usd, its the best u can get for ur money. If you want future proofing, go for a 1070 / 1080, they'll both be plenty for the next couple years. (GTX 780 still is killer).

For 1080p i would go for the rx 480. Low price and will do just fine in 99% of the games out there. You will have to crank down settings  in some AAA games to get to 144 fps.

Thanks ?? will look into it more.

IMO a 1070 is the clear choice. The Rx480 performance doesn't match/beat the 1070. It only beats it in crossfire, which many games and software aren't compatible with. The 1070 can accommodate anything you need and will also last longer and is more powerful than the 980ti, as well as being more power efficient and cost-effective. :) 

3 hours ago, kareemk98 said:

IMO a 1070 is the clear choice. The Rx480 performance doesn't match/beat the 1070. It only beats it in crossfire, which many games and software aren't compatible with. The 1070 can accommodate anything you need and will also last longer and is more powerful than the 980ti, as well as being more power efficient and cost-effective. :) 

You got any recommendation as to what one yet? Not thinking of overclocking. 

Cheers think I have to agree with you after looking at the benchmarks.

7 hours ago, Andy1903 said:

You got any recommendation as to what one yet? Not thinking of overclocking. 

Cheers think I have to agree with you after looking at the benchmarks.

Definitely, here are the only brands I would trust (Click on the links):

Asus MSI GIGABYTE    But my personal favorite which i am going for as well is EVGA

Evga has a choice of 4 different 1070's. The one I recommend and am going for is THIS  EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

Hope this helped!