Monitor Popping and screen issues help

So I have currently a PB287Q and I recently bought another one today. everything was setting up fine until I started hearing a slight popping in the monitor. So I was slightly worried and then the screen started turning off and on. I was a bit worried so I am ready to return it at any second HOWEVER... I too the monitor off my desk and plugged it in to a different outlet and it stopped doing all the things labeled up on top, so its acting like a regular monitor... so what do I do?

Do I return or should I leave it? is it just power? I have it on a power strip so its protected. 

Check if the power cord is pushed properly into the power socket of the screen, it can make crackling noises if it's not. If it works in a different outlet elsewhere after reconnecting, the screen should be fine. If the issue keeps coming back, bring it back or ask for a replacement.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

Yeah I've done all of that and it seems to have the same issues so I'm going to take the monitor back anyways. 

Thanks for the reply!