Computer class

RexLee

The teacher at my school told us to go get a book on c, because that is what they are going to teach us. But I already know some c++, so what are some books that are faster paced and more reference based books on c or should I buy a beginner's book? 

If you're looking for a C reference then you can't go far wrong with The C Programming Language (aka K&R), which is the original  C reference by the authors of the language (it has been updateed since the original version.

If you're looking for something a bit more gentle then I would recommend Programming in C. It is clearer and more concise than K&R and is written more like a tutorial.

Remember that C is just a subset of C++, so if you already know some C++ it should make the basics relatively straightforward.

If you're looking for a C reference then you can't go far wrong with The C Programming Language (aka K&R), which is the original  C reference by the authors of the language (it has been updateed since the original version.

^This. It's old, but it's still an excellent book. Can't comment on the other one

as I've only used K&R (and the internet ;)).

You'll pick up on the differences between C and C++ pretty easily. Also, C is not

a very complicated language in and of itself (unlike C++, some would argue), so

getting down the basic elements of C is not that big of a task (you will notice

that K+R is actually a rather short book, unlike most books on C++, many of which

would not be entirely unsuitable for bludgeoning a person to death :o ).

The tricky part of C is then actually doing something with those elements (and,

more crucially, doing it well). At least that's been my experience.

Have fun! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic