Hi guys, I got myself the Asus N752VX and I have only one problem so far : when I plug in for example my galaxy s4 earplugs the laptop starts using the microphone of the headphones, and the tricky part is that in Sound options the only displayed microphone is the laptop's icon (which is ofc the usable one in both cases : no earplugs and connected earplugs).My question is : is there a way to make my laptop use its own microphone while still having my earplugs connected ? OS is Windows 10, and the default device is the microphone itself, but sadly I don't get a different icon when I connect something else, Audio drivers are from the official Asus website.

4 minutes ago, ThunderGod said:

Hi guys, I got myself the Asus N752VX and I have only one problem so far : when I plug in for example my galaxy s4 earplugs the laptop starts using the microphone of the headphones, and the tricky part is that in Sound options the only displayed microphone is the laptop's icon (which is ofc the usable one in both cases : no earplugs and connected earplugs).My question is : is there a way to make my laptop use its own microphone while still having my earplugs connected ?

Plug your headphones in, and select the laptop microphone as the default recording device. It should remember it.

4 minutes ago, ThunderGod said:

Hi guys, I got myself the Asus N752VX and I have only one problem so far : when I plug in for example my galaxy s4 earplugs the laptop starts using the microphone of the headphones, and the tricky part is that in Sound options the only displayed microphone is the laptop's icon (which is ofc the usable one in both cases : no earplugs and connected earplugs).My question is : is there a way to make my laptop use its own microphone while still having my earplugs connected ?

You can go into recording devices after the headset is plugged in and set it back to the laptop mic as default. When you plug in a new mic windows thinks you want to use it and it switches automatically.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

On these pictures you can see both cases : plugged and unplugged earplugs - microphone stays the same and I can not force it to use the internal one since it doesn't make a difference between the two (on one of the pictures I have stereo mix enabled just for the example).

57862b9125dc1_2016-07-13(5).thumb.png.c8084bdbe40c52c26d14aed814b1c526.png

578629b900b92_.PNG.a72d537f1a00fb0c365a03d07178b61e.PNG

It may be that plugging them in is hard coded then...What does it do with just a stereo headphone plugged in? Will it let you use the laptop mic then?

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

When I plug in my speakers, all icons, both the speaker and microphone ones stay the same but then I cannot use the mic at all, when i try to record - no sound, also the green bar doesn't move no matter how much the noise is.I must say though - the laptop came with freedos which meant I had to do absolutely all tweaks to it .. setting Legacy mode on and stuff like that .. maybe the audio needs some additional settings as well ? Not that there's more options than those but .. idk .. would be very happy if anyone helps me out on this one :P Tested it out on my parents' Dell Inspiron 5559(which is with a joint jack as well) with the same earplugs, icon stays the same just like on my laptop but surprisingly it uses the laptop's microphone :/

15 hours ago, ThunderGod said:

Come on guys, is there really no solution ;(

If linux is not an option (it probably could do it, but dont ask me) you could get a usb soundcard (70 cents on ebay).

Isn't there a way without a such a thing ? I mean it works on my parents' laptop and it's the same jack .. why wouldn't it work on mine ?

1 hour ago, ThunderGod said:

Isn't there a way without a such a thing ? I mean it works on my parents' laptop and it's the same jack .. why wouldn't it work on mine ?

Have you tried deleting the audio drivers? If it works with the generic windows driver it might separate them in windows. It is a software issue probably.

Thank you so much, it finally worked, uninstalled, restarted like 10+ times and now everything is working just the way I want it, thanks a lot :)