GeForce GPUs

cubies1982

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a GeForce graphics card straight from the manufacturer instead if a 3rd company by EVGA or MSI? I don't care about overclocking and would be happy with a vanilla graphics card.

Yes, just go on the nvidia website. Just letting you know it's actually the same price if not more expensive than some aftermarket models from evga/msi/asus/zotac etc etc. So don't do this if you're trying to save money, but I don't know what reason you're doing this.

You can't buy from Nvidia, but you if you're looking for a 10-series, you can buy the Founder's Edition from the likes of EVGA or MSI, and if you're looking for pre 10-series, you can buy the reference card from those same manufacturers, and you'll get a vanilla experience. 

EDIT: It looks like I was wrong, you can buy from the Nvidia website, but I must agree with App4that. There's very little reason to. It's better to look into the options that "non-vanilla" graphics cards offer, because they can sometimes have better cooler designs, better performance even without overclocking, and even a better price tag.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

Which one do you want? And why would you want to spend more money on a reference card that doesn't perform as well?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

You are aware, that the vanilla ones are more expensive when it comes to the 10 series, while delivering worse performance (loud)?

If you want a 1070 or 1080 i suggest you to buy the EVGA Superclocked model. It is a vanilla/reference board with a better cooler.

1 minute ago, cubies1982 said:

It seems like nVidia only sell a limited amount of cards without partnership but they are super expensive 1080 cards.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/buy/graphics-cards/

Shame.

Here you go, Nvidia reference card.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-silver-black/9855169.p?id=1219441201895

4 minutes ago, notsteven said:

I think he said he wants to buy it straight from nvidia, like have nvidia deliver it to him, not through best buy.

Gonna cost a fortune shipping that thing to Europe.

Yeah don't worry, I let him know that you didn't want to use best buy, it's not an option for everyone.

2 minutes ago, notsteven said:

Yeah don't worry, I let him know that you didn't want to use best buy, it's not an option for everyone.

Let who know? What are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, notsteven said:

I think he said he wants to buy it straight from nvidia, like have nvidia deliver it to him, not through best buy.

And I want a pony. Yet look at my home. Not a pony in sight.

2 minutes ago, cubies1982 said:

Check the big box stores in your area, that's who had reference Maxwell cards.

2 minutes ago, cubies1982 said:

Let who know? What are you talking about?

Are you drunk?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

And I want a pony. Yet look at my home. Not a pony in sight.

Check the big box stores in your area, that's who had reference Maxwell cards.

Oh, there are just better options than the best buy option that you linked him because he's in europe.

3 minutes ago, notsteven said:

Oh, there are just better options than the best buy option that you linked him because he's in europe.

The only retailers that carried reference cards that I know of are the major ones where the customers didn't know any better so bought them. So no matter your location that's where you want to look.

Watch this @ 7:46

Founders Edition (Vanilla cards) are just as good (aside from thermals/noise) or better (caveat - silicon lottery) than even the most expensive AIBs.

I have one. It kicks ass.

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

2 minutes ago, latentjones said:

Founders Edition (Vanilla cards) are just as good (aside from thermals/noise) or better (caveat - silicon lottery) than even the most expensive AIBs.

I've never heard of Zotac.

Shipping to the UK from nvidia is cheaper than bestbuy. I just checked both options.

2 minutes ago, latentjones said:

That is, why i tell him to buy the EVGA Superclocked. It's a Founders board with better cooler.

It's okay if you've never heard of them, with the new 10 series, cards don't differentiate much anymore. Cooling plays a minimal factor, but they all cool well unless you're planning on some serious overclock in which you stated you didn't care about. Just judge by color schemes/customer service of the company/ etc etc

1 minute ago, GEHORC said:

That is, why i tell him to buy the EVGA Superclocked. It's a Founders board with better cooler.

But it's not the founder edition. Difference being the time stamp you should watch.

I've never heard of Zotac.

Zotac are one of Nvidia's board partners. I equate them to XFX on the AMD side. I don't have one of these I have the MSI Founder's Edition GTX 1080. I think it's just as good. I'm going to EK waterblock it soon to hopefully squeeze a little more out of my Oc. I'm at 2050/2100 core presently. 

Steve from Gamers' Nexus says the same as Jayz about the oc headroom of the 1080's. Until new Vbios available even the AIB's can't do much more than the FE cards (10-40mhz). The thermals and noise are better no doubt. 

Steve suggests it could be a fixed buffet against the upcoming 1080ti so not to get too close to that peromance, or that it is a limitation of the 16nm Fin-Fet.

Who knows. 

Bottom line FE is fine. 

But buy AIB if you like looks and low temps and don't intend to W/C in the future.

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

If you want a loud card I wont blame you. Just telling, there is another option.

The TE wants to buy a Founders, because he/she does NOT want to overclock.

So arguing with the best overclocking abilities doesn't make much sense.

2 minutes ago, GEHORC said:

If you want a loud card I wont blame you. Just telling, there is another option.

The TE wants to buy a Founders, because he/she does NOT want to overclock.

So arguing with the best overclocking abilities doesn't make much sense.

True that, then get the APM Extreme as it has the best boost speed, cooling, and when I talk to it I feel like it really gets me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

True that, then get the APM Extreme as it has the best boost speed, cooling, and when I talk to it I feel like it really gets me.

Totally agree. If OP isn't looking to OC then I would go for the Zotac Amp Extreme as the base is as high as the FE boost and the boost takes the core past the magic 2000mhz.

Just beware it is a three slot monster!