New to servers could use with some advice?

Go to solution Solved by wraptor,

Maybe this:
Its around $700 and should be more than enough for simple work.
I'm running 2 Garry's Mod servers, 2 minecraft servers and a couple of websites + a mailserver with just 12% load.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kV3NQV

You can chose a better CPU, more ram etc depending on your needs.

I've built computers for a while now but I'd like a server to backup files and host gaming servers for myself and maybe a websites but I don't won't to pay thousands could someone recommend some server builds that suit my needs for a good price that gives me very fast and reliable server thanks

CPU i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz  | GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB | HDD : 1TB HDD Seagate  | Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid-Tower ATX | PSU Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified  | Mobo ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-K  | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 901MHz

How much do you have to actually spend?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

4 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

How much do you have to actually spend?

Yeah as he said. That is a really important question to ask yourself in the situation. 

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD

19 hours ago, Ricky507 said:

I've built computers for a while now but I'd like a server to backup files and host gaming servers for myself and maybe a websites but I don't won't to pay thousands could someone recommend some server builds that suit my needs for a good price that gives me very fast and reliable server thanks

I would look at these and then put whatever drives you would like in them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-R610-Virtualization-Server-2-53GHz-8-Core-E5540-32GB-2x146G-PERC6-/191545700823?hash=item2c990371d7:g:e2gAAOSwjXRXbrEm

Around the 500-700 Mark

CPU i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz  | GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB | HDD : 1TB HDD Seagate  | Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid-Tower ATX | PSU Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified  | Mobo ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-K  | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 901MHz

23 hours ago, pebble guy said:

Yeah as he said. That is a really important question to ask yourself in the situation. 

500-700

23 hours ago, tv15dsi said:

Maybe this:
Its around $700 and should be more than enough for simple work.
I'm running 2 Garry's Mod servers, 2 minecraft servers and a couple of websites + a mailserver with just 12% load.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kV3NQV

You can chose a better CPU, more ram etc depending on your needs.

I like that build but just have a question does it matter which motherboard I get I know the cpu socket has to be compatible but does it need to be a server motherboard correct me if I am wrong I don't think they are called that or could I use some old hardware like my old Asus x97-k motherboard instead. And a cpu compatible with that motherboard or is their only certain server grade hardware I can use if it's gonna impact performance tell me I want the best I can get with my money 

19 hours ago, Ricky507 said:

I like that build but just have a question does it matter which motherboard I get I know the cpu socket has to be compatible but does it need to be a server motherboard correct me if I am wrong I don't think they are called that or could I use some old hardware like my old Asus x97-k motherboard instead. And a cpu compatible with that motherboard or is their only certain server grade hardware I can use if it's gonna impact performance tell me I want the best I can get with my money 

Server boards are mainly for the use of ECC ram and also because they are made to last longer (I think?)