Is my monitor which I currently own, worth keeping..?

Xiauj

Hello to all :) Was wondering if you guys could help me decide if my current monitor is worth keeping or not really.

Here's the link & other info about the model: http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/it/monitor/uhd-monitor/LU28D590DS/ZN

I'm thinking about getting a second one and then using the two for my new, eventually soon to be PC-Build.

There was however, another monitor which I like the look of which is, this:

http://amzn.to/29zxGU9

The reason I like this UltraWide monitor is because, I've found that I tend to work better and play a bit better on this as opposed to a regular sized monitor.

If you have any recommendations, please feel free to recommend! I would truly appreciate it from you guys!

Also, do Wide/UltraWide monitors support 4K resolution (4K = 3,840 x 2,160 pixels) ...? Am very curious. Or even 1440p?!

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

Have you hear of my lord and savior 144Hz!

1 minute ago, Renvolt said:

Have you hear of my lord and savior 144Hz!

I have heard of 144hz yes, :P what of it?

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

I have heard of 144hz yes, :P what of it?

Its amazing. What are you looking to do with your computer? Gaming?

1 minute ago, Renvolt said:

Its amazing. What are you looking to do with your computer? Gaming?

The following, not simultaneously xD ::

1. Gaming.
  2. 3D Modelling/Rendering.
  3. Development (Coding, designing and other types of dev-work).
  4. Video editing and Photo editing.
  5. Anything else.

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

The following, not simultaneously xD ::

1. Gaming.
  2. 3D Modelling/Rendering.
  3. Development (Coding, designing and other types of dev-work).
  4. Video editing and Photo editing.
  5. Anything else.

well it would come down to what you want to spend and the features you want. They do have 2k ultra wide's and 4k ones. They also make high refresh rate ones. I have been thinking about going 2k ultra wide 144hz monitor but getting that many good features in one package gets very expensive. 

13 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Hello to all :) Was wondering if you guys could help me decide if my current monitor is worth keeping or not really.

Here's the link & other info about the model: http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/it/monitor/uhd-monitor/LU28D590DS/ZN

I'm thinking about getting a second one and then using the two for my new, eventually soon to be PC-Build.

There was however, another monitor which I like the look of which is, this:

http://amzn.to/29zxGU9

The reason I like this UltraWide monitor is because, I've found that I tend to work better and play a bit better on this as opposed to a regular sized monitor.

If you have any recommendations, please feel free to recommend! I would truly appreciate it from you guys!

Also, do Wide/UltraWide monitors support 4K resolution (4K = 3,840 x 2,160 pixels) ...? Am very curious. Or even 1440p?!

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

I personally think the monitor that you have isn't terrible, although there are better options.  If you have that monitor, I certainly wouldn't throw it away.  If you're REALLY into high refresh rates, go 120hz and you'll be surprised, but if you have lower end hardware then settling with some IPS panel 60hz monitor isn't a bad decision.  I'd highly lean towards something with DVI/Display Port because DVI Master Race.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

4 minutes ago, Renvolt said:

well it would come down to what you want to spend and the features you want. They do have 2k ultra wide's and 4k ones. They also make high refresh rate ones. I have been thinking about going 2k ultra wide 144hz monitor but getting that many good features in one package gets very expensive. 

How much would say.... a 4k UltraWide one cost? Size to be between 20" and 35" inches.

Part of me wants to go for a triple monitor setup (3x25" Wide perhaps) but would want a really good 2k if not 4k resolution but it depends on the price.

2 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

I personally think the monitor that you have isn't terrible, although there are better options.  If you have that monitor, I certainly wouldn't throw it away.  If you're REALLY into high refresh rates, go 120hz and you'll be surprised, but if you have lower end hardware then settling with some IPS panel 60hz monitor isn't a bad decision.  I'd highly lean towards something with DVI/Display Port because DVI Master Race.

The only good thing about mine is that, it has 4K resolution (4K = 3,840 x 2,160 pixels) but no other good features I don't think at least, reckon it does? or not really?

Oh and for you both, I forgot to mention. I'll be using DisplayPort for this new 1x/2x/3x monitor setup. WAS going for HDMI but nah. DisplayPort all the way :D

4 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

How much would say.... a 4k UltraWide one cost? Size to be between 20" and 35" inches.

Part of me wants to go for a triple monitor setup (3x25" Wide perhaps) but would want a really good 2k if not 4k resolution but it depends on the price.

The only good thing about mine is that, it has 4K resolution (4K = 3,840 x 2,160 pixels) but no other good features I don't think at least, reckon it does? or not really?

Oh and for you both, I forgot to mention. I'll be using DisplayPort for this new 1x/2x/3x monitor setup. WAS going for HDMI but nah. DisplayPort all the way :D

Its a really good monitor, has about as good color accuracy as you can get and really good viewing angles.

I mean if you really think of your monitor like that, send it my way after you get done I'll take really good care of it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

4 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

I think pretty standard 4k Ultra wide's will run you about $1,000 USD. I have been looking at the same prices for fully loaded 2k Ultra wides. Also you got to keep in mind having to push all them pixels when gaming. Going to need a really beefy setup to run 4k ultra wide. 

7 minutes ago, Renvolt said:

I think pretty standard 4k Ultra wide's will run you about $1,000 USD.

What size (Inches) monitor and also a link if possible? :P

How much would say... 3x 25" Wide monitors cost perhaps? That could work maybe.

11 minutes ago, Renvolt said:

Going to need a really beefy setup to run 4k ultra wide.

That I'm in the process of making at the moment. At the moment I'm thinking of getting a X99-Chipset motherboard with a GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1080 alongside a NON-OVERCLOCKED 6800k CPU.

I know I can OC a 5820k but yeah.

Anyone?:

:P

17 hours ago, Xiauj said:
17 hours ago, Renvolt said:

I think pretty standard 4k Ultra wide's will run you about $1,000 USD.

What size (Inches) monitor and also a link if possible? :P

How much would say... 3x 25" Wide monitors cost perhaps? That could work maybe.