School backpack rig thing?

TheSSVids

Hey guys!

I don't want to waste a fortune on a MS Surface or an iPad Pro, because of the potentially poor performance in terms of lag and feel. So here's my plan, and I need some validation help from you guys.

I'll buy a Cintiq, which I'll connect to a Skull Canyon NUC, which then will be connected to a powerbank, and all of that goes in my backpack so that I can just take the Cintiq out of the backpack and start taking notes.

Eventually I'll buy a Razer Core and a display +mouse&keyboard for home use.

What powerbank should I buy? Preferrably the highest capacity possible (I've seen 50,000mAh powerbanks, but I'm not sure about the efficiency. In addition, they don't have a power outlet, I live in Norway so I need an EU power outlet)

The one I have in mind right now is the ChargeTech 27,000mAh powerbank, with a US to EU converter.

Also; are there any artists who have used the Cintiq 13HD? If there are, how is it compared to pen and paper?

Tænkz y'all

That's a pretty janky solution...

laptops nowadays are snappy, powerful, and if you are willing to pay a premium... good for gaming.

i think that a laptop would be more reliable and easy to use than your setup, and some laptops have the same processor that the NUC has, so there will be no noticeable dip in performance.

also, the time you spend getting your setup ready when you need to use it on the go, the troubleshooting, problems, etc. will waste more time than waiting on a laptop to load ever would. (a laptop would be fast anyway)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

This is going to be so expensive it might be better to just buy a cheap laptop and build a real gaming rig at home. You are looking at 600 $ for the NUC + 500 $ for the razer core + 800$ for the cintiq + the ssd, the ram and the windows license ( i suppose ?) for the NUC which are at least 300$ in total. Also you will need to buy the gpu for the razer core + the keyboard/mouse/display which will be at least 150-200 $. So it's a total of 2400$ without the gpu and the power bank.

With this amount of money you can invest 1000$ on a very decent laptop and have over 1600 $ for your gaming rig, which is enough to buy you a really good gaming setup + some good peripherals like a mechanical keyboard etc.

It might also be better for you this way since you won't attract any potential unwanted attention from people making fun of your funny hardware at school.

EDIT : Don't get crazy about powerful laptops, I did the grave mistake of buying a laptop with a discrete gpu and try to game on it and it thermal throttles a lot. Just get a laptop with an i7 and an ssd and spend the rest on your gaming rig it's the best solution right now. I would do the same if I could but I have to move to different cities 4 times every year so it's not that easy for me.

The thing is that the Nuc paired with a powerbank will:

1) Last longer because of the size of the powerbank

2) Be more lightweight

3) produce less heat (I think)

It'll take up less space in the backpack too

But it'd be a hella interesting setup tho, if it worked out as planned