Looking for New Graphics Card

D4rK3sTsH4d0W

I have been looking in the $300 USD range, and was a little bit confused by some of the benchmarks. Is it true that a newer card is not always better? I was finding benchmarks comparing the gtx 970 with the gtx titan and gtx 780ti and upcoming gtx 1060. On the AMD side, I saw the r9 390 and rx 480. Aside from the titan, which is out of my price range, what is the most 'future resistant' graphics card. would it be better to shoot for something older like the 780ti or r9 390? or something newer like the 970 or 1060. Also, is the rx 480 even in the same league? There is an 8gb model I saw. 

Thanks

I'd say go for the 970 or 480. Pretty solid cards. Bit of controversy surrounding power draw issues with the 480, though.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

970 I think would be your best option, see what other people say though as I'm not that experienced with the 970

2 hours ago, Crowes said:

I'd say go for the 970 or 480. Pretty solid cards. Bit of controversy surrounding power draw issues with the 480, though.

issues were fixed in the last driver update from AMD

1 minute ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

issues were fixed in the last driver update from AMD

Yup. It's probably a safe purchase.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

3 minutes ago, D4rK3sTsH4d0W said:

I have been looking in the $300 USD range, and was a little bit confused by some of the benchmarks. Is it true that a newer card is not always better? I was finding benchmarks comparing the gtx 970 with the gtx titan and gtx 780ti and upcoming gtx 1060. On the AMD side, I saw the r9 390 and rx 480. Aside from the titan, which is out of my price range, what is the most 'future resistant' graphics card. would it be better to shoot for something older like the 780ti or r9 390? or something newer like the 970 or 1060. Also, is the rx 480 even in the same league? There is an 8gb model I saw. 

Thanks

So first of all, what are you going to use this graphics card for? If for gaming, what games? Also, the titan and 970/r9 390 are from different leagues/classes

• CPU
    Intel Core I5 6600k @ 4.4ghz
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte HD3p z170
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX Fury @ 3666mhz
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1070 @ 2100mhz
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed Blackout edition
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 250gb