Flickering at 100/120hz

DemonMark

Helllo, I'm new here, I hope I'm doing this right.. 
So I recently bought an Acer Xb270hu monitor, for which I am currently using as my primary screen for my alienware m18xr2 laptop (I am working on getting a desktop built in the next couple months). The screen works fine,right up until I switch it over to 100/120hz. What happens is that it starts to flicker, or rather blink, usually about 3 times, then it's fine for about 10-20 second and another 3 blinks and the gap between blinks will get progressively smaller. I haven't tried too much (Not amazingly good with computers, unfortunately), but I have tried upgrading my graphics and bios drivers. 
My laptop has 2 amd HD radeon 7970m's in crossfire, and the monitor is hooked up by miniDP to DP. 
Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance. :)
(I'm about to go to bed, but I will check back here first thing in the morning)

Flickering at whats considered "overclocked" refresh rates is down to the panel lottery. I have an Acer x34 that can OC to 100Hz but will flicker like mad if you go above 95Hz. Its not RMA'able unless its explicitly sold as 100/120/144Hz from factory.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

11 hours ago, Altecice said:

Flickering at whats considered "overclocked" refresh rates is down to the panel lottery. I have an Acer x34 that can OC to 100Hz but will flicker like mad if you go above 95Hz. Its not RMA'able unless its explicitly sold as 100/120/144Hz from factory.

My monitor is sold as 144hz, can be overclocked to 165hz. I do not currently have it overclocked, but I turned the feature on a couple days ago to see if it would continue to flicker, which it did. I don't think it's a monitor issue though. It worked fine on my sister's laptop which has a nvidia geforce 675M in it, the flickering/blinking only occurs on my laptop.